Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Paul Bretl -   Based on my ‘Re-Sign or Let Go & Prediction’ series, here are my guesses so far:

Campbell: stay
Adams: stay
Douglas: go
King: go
Kelly: go
Sullivan: stay
Lancaster: stay
MVS: go
Tonyan: stay
Bojo: stay
Patrick: go

Looking more likely MVS is gone. I wonder if Robinson is on Gute's radar. He said he loves playing in Lambeau. with his stock being hurt last season playing with Dalton and Fields I wonder if he would give GB a discount to play with Rodgers in order to cash in next FA. There's a lot of fast receivers in this class, think they could replace MVS and save 10M.

Edited by St Vince

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Looking more likely MVS is gone. I wonder if Robinson is on Gute's radar. He said he loves playing in Lambeau. with his stock being hurt last season playing with Dalton and Fields I wonder if he would give GB a discount to play with Rodgers in order to cash in next FA. There's a lot of fast receivers in this class, think they could replace MVS and save 10M.

Robinson had his chance with us. We don't have the juice this time around.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Robinson had his chance with us. We don't have the juice this time around.

There's always going to be guys who are willing to play at or close to a vet minimum for a reasonable chance at a ring.  The Packers aren't going to say no to those guys, but also have no input on who those guys are.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

29 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There's always going to be guys who are willing to play at or close to a vet minimum for a reasonable chance at a ring.  The Packers aren't going to say no to those guys, but also have no input on who those guys are.

Robinson is going to get paid.   A little less maybe but we won't be anywhere in the ball park.  Having him paired with Tae man it would be deadly.  We won't even be able to bring MVS back.  On that he won't get a whiff of 10 mil/yr.  Nice deep threat but common he isn't worth it. 

Rodgers has stated in the past he has reached out to friends about the possibility of playing together. If he does end up significantly lowering his number this year I wonder if we could pull in some vets. Lets just see what the cap is at first though. I think this is a draft we trade up in. Just a hunch. 

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Robinson is still going to look to get paid.

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Not gonna be happy if we let Douglas walk.  We finally have a very good / potentially elite secondary and we're gonna let the most affordable piece go.  I'll be happy for Rasul tho.  He deserves a payday.

Affordable?  What kind of contract do you think he's going to receive?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Affordable?  What kind of contract do you think he's going to receive?

He did ball TF out after he signed with us.  Is a Pro Bowl off the street enough to push him to what Taron Johnson signed for?  3/$24m?  Prolly less?  As far as being affordable, being the off the street castoff in a secondary with three 1st rd picks on rookie deals and a FA signing (Amos) making $9m per, he should be.  

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

He did ball TF out after he signed with us.  Is a Pro Bowl off the street enough to push him to what Taron Johnson signed for?  3/$24m?  Prolly less?  As far as being affordable, being the off the street castoff in a secondary with three 1st rd picks on rookie deals and a FA signing (Amos) making $9m per, he should be.  

TBH, I think that's his floor.  JC Jackson is clearly the top CB available in FA followed by Stephon Gilmore.  Given age and everything else, Carlton Davis is probably CB3 off the board.  But beyond that, I think you could argue Douglas is CB4.

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   Based on my ‘Re-Sign or Let Go & Prediction’ series, here are my guesses so far:

Campbell: stay
Adams: stay
Douglas: go
King: go
Kelly: go
Sullivan: stay
Lancaster: stay
MVS: go
Tonyan: stay
Bojo: stay
Patrick: go

King might be back don't be shocked.  He could be a cheap add.  Not sure about Patrick either.  Tonyan coming off of an ACL and a down season makes it possible for a return.  It would have to be cheap or he's gone too.  Don't buy the reports he'll be ready.  If he is back he'll be on pup to start the season.  Might not be available until Nov.  Adams we know is staying.  Only guys on this list that other teams will want are MVS, Douglas and Campbell.  We'll hopefully sign one of them.  MVS is a nice role player but the numbers they are throwing around are crazy.  Problem is it only takes one team.  He won't sniff 10/mil a season maybe 7 though.   Still to rich for the Packers.  

On 3/12/2022 at 1:56 AM, packfanfb said:

Wow! a ST Coordinator, a ST assistant, another ST assistant and now one ST Quality Control. I've never seen a ST department with so many coaches. I strongly believe Rayna Stewart is the odd one out and any news regarding his role in the team hasn't been made public yet for whatever reason.

Our apparent new Offensive Quality Control, Ramsen Golpashin has his location on his twitter page as Green Bay, WI which lends credence to the reporter's tweet saying we hired him. Again this hiring has not been made public yet.

Hidden away at the bottom of the Packerswire article it says we also hired Quinshon Odom on a minority assistant coaching fellowship. He was previously with us in 2018 as a Personnel/Scouting Intern. He switched to the coaching side of things with Vanderbilt as offensive quality control and I think he was most recently with Texas Longhorns as a graduate assistant coach.

Ruvell Martin was on a minority assistant coaching fellowship with us for the past two years. Almost everyone on the offensive coaching staff has been promoted this offseason except him so far. Last year we had two offensive quality control assistants, one spot has been filled with Golpashin and perhaps Martin has been promoted to fill the other spot or this hire means we have parted ways with him. Again the news is yet to be announced.

I'm fairly certain with the latest rumored hires LaFleur has finally finalised his coaching staff for the 2022 season. We should hear news about this fairly soon. Perhaps when the new league year begins on March 16th.

Edited by Chili