Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

My guess is he either thinks Adams isn't included or he's also adding money for an outside FA and/or draft picks.

Adams is included. We need to add around 5M to that number for Cambell. Draft picks don't matter as they are not signed yet.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Plus Jon Garvin turns 23 in July. I'm not sure we even need to spend on a guy like Mercilus.  Smith-Gary-Garvin-draft pick is still probably pretty good.  

I liked what I saw with Mercilus and reports say he was a leader in the locker room and we need those on D now that we couldn't keep Z.

I'm going to go dig for the draft thread, but can any of you Wisco guys sell me on Cole VanLannen? Is this a guy that can fill in, or is he a lottery ticket?  Obviously, we saw none of him last season.  I cannot recall what he did in the preseason, I was more disappointed by Amari Rodgers and happy with Henry Black and Malik Taylor during those games.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm going to go dig for the draft thread, but can any of you Wisco guys sell me on Cole VanLannen? Is this a guy that can fill in, or is he a lottery ticket?  Obviously, we saw none of him last season.  I cannot recall what he did in the preseason, I was more disappointed by Amari Rodgers and happy with Henry Black and Malik Taylor during those games.

Wasn't VanLannen on the SP until the last couple of weeks of the season?

40 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Adams is included. We need to add around 5M to that number for Cambell. Draft picks don't matter as they are not signed yet.

I meant Bukowski thinks that Adams isn't included in the amount we need to clear since neither of the cap tracking sites match up with what he said.

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He looked like he belonged somewhere near an NFL field.. still a bit of a lotto. Hits the weights and comes out confident I imagine he'll fight for the last spot or two. Something like "in case of fire" use at Tackle but mostly G.

Ben Braden was on the roster for 9? weeks this year. I felt like it was probably a coin flip between the two after PS. Braden had some full man strength to him though.

Edited by HighCalebR

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Wasn't VanLannen on the SP until the last couple of weeks of the season?

I don't think he was active at all last season.  But I could be incorrect.  

I watched a clip posted in his draft thread, and I don't know what to think.  On one play he absolutely dominates.  On the next he gets stalemated.  And that was against Nebraska.  I would imagine that many of those stalemates would turn to losses in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

i like jenkins staying at LG

If newman takes anything resembling a jump in play going into year 2 the biggest weakness on our OL is by far RT. I don't want to see any more Kelly snaps. As Nijmans #1 biggest fan I still can't see them just handing him a starting gig.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If newman takes anything resembling a jump in play going into year 2 the biggest weakness on our OL is by far RT. I don't want to see any more Kelly snaps. As Nijmans #1 biggest fan I still can't see them just handing him a starting gig.

Dennis Kelly is a FA anyway.  Perhaps Nijman is ready to start at RT, but I too am a bit hesitant there.  That is why I wondered what VanLannen offers.