Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Bill Huber / SI -  Point Spreads for Every Packers Game in 2022

Week 1: At Minnesota Vikings - Point spread: Packers by 2.

Week 2: Home vs. Chicago Bears -Point spread: Packers by 10.

Week 3: At Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Point spread: Buccaneers by 3.

Week 4: Home vs. New England Patriots - Point spread: Packers by 6.

Week 5: vs. New York Giants in London - Point spread: Packers by 7 1/2.

Week 6: Home vs. New York Jets -Point spread: Packers by 9 1/2.

Week 7: Washington Commanders - Point spread: Packers by 4.

Week 8: At Buffalo Bills -Point spread: Bills by 3 1/2.

Week 9: At Detroit Lions - Point spread: Packers by 6 1/2.

Week 10: Home vs. Dallas Cowboys -Point spread: Packers by 4 1/2.

Week 11: Home vs. Tennessee Titans - Point spread: Packers by 5 1/2.

Week 12: At Philadelphia Eagles -Point spread: Packers by 2 1/2.

Week 13: At Chicago Bears - Point spread: Packers by 7.

Week 14: Bye

Week 15: Home vs. Los Angeles Rams - Point spread: Packers by 2 1/2.

Week 16: at Miami Dolphins - Point spread: Packers by 2 1/2.

Week 17: Home vs. Minnesota Vikings - Point spread: Packers by 6 1/2.

Week 18: Home vs. Detroit Lions -Point spread: Packers by 7.

I'm hearing news that the Falcons may cut Deion Jones any day now due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out of OTAs. We won't be able to claim him so maybe offer a late round pick for a one year rental?

Edited by St Vince

35 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm hearing news that the Falcons may cut Deion Jones any day now due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out of OTAs. We won't be able to claim him so Maybe offer a late round pick for a one year rental?

Yeah, let's invest more resources at ILB.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm hearing news that the Falcons may cut Deion Jones any day now due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out of OTAs. We won't be able to claim him so Maybe offer a late round pick for a one year rental?

These types of comments are always baffling to me. The Packers just spent 50M to re-sign Campbell and invested the 22nd overall pick in the draft on another off the ball LB in Walker and yet the Packers should trade a pick for a high dollar LB? A LB who has a 9.6M base salary this coming season and a 500K a game playing bonus. Why would they even think about that idea for a second? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R T said:

These types of comments are always baffling to me. The Packers just spent 50M to re-sign Campbell and invested the 22nd overall pick in the draft on another off the ball LB in Walker and yet the Packers should trade a pick for a high dollar LB? A LB who has a 9.6M base salary this coming season and a 500K a game playing bonus. Why would they even think about that idea for a second? 

Called depth my friend. Can't have enough in this league with all the freak injuries. These guys get beat up in the NFL. You lose Campbell week 8 for the year then what? You'll have a fresh Jones for the rest of the year. Giving up a 6th or 7th rounder when you're all in is not a big sacrifice. We're trying to win a SB.

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Called depth my friend. Can't have enough in this league with all the freak injuries. These guys get beat up in the NFL. You lose Campbell week 8 for the year then what? You'll have a fresh Jones for the rest of the year. Giving up a 6th or 7th rounder when you're all in is not a big sacrifice. We're trying to win a SB.

When you are tight on cap it's a dumb sacrifice for "depth" especially for a player with injury concerns.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

When you are tight on cap it's a dumb sacrifice for "depth" especially for a player with injury concerns.

So we went from having reportedly 16 mill in cap space after the Alexander extension to now being tight against the cap?

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

So we went from having reportedly 16 mill in cap space after the Alexander extension to now being tight against the cap?

I believe that we still have to work out details with both Christian Watson and Allen Lazard.  We may also have to go digging for a RT if none of our guys can handle the job this year.  We will also most likely do something with Rashan Gary.  The more money he gets this year, the less he will get in future years.  That money goes quick.  And we have a cheap, young, pretty solid ILB in Krys Barnes, who is probably third string right now.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, St Vince said:

I'm hearing news that the Falcons may cut Deion Jones any day now due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out of OTAs. We won't be able to claim him so maybe offer a late round pick for a one year rental?

The guy has a 9.6 million dollar salary which would come with that deal. Yeah, not a bright idea to trade a pick for a guy who is injured and likely a back up with almost 10 million in salary which becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster week 1. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I believe that we still have to work out details with both Christian Watson and Allen Lazard.  We may also have to go digging for a RT if none of our guys can handle the job this year.  We will also most likely do something with Rashan Gary.  The more money he gets this year, the less he will get in future years.  That money goes quick.  And we have a cheap, young, pretty solid ILB in Krys Barnes, who is probably third string right now.  

Now, let me also add that I would really have considered it had this happened last season, and we didn't already have Campbell.  Or honestly, probably still before we saw what Campbell could do.  I am more confident in the ILB group going into this season than last.  I am more bullish on Campbell than last season.  Walker should be what they wanted Burks to be.  And Barnes has another year under his belt.  I like it.  Last season we had mystery Campbell, maybe he finally lives up to his potential Burks, and very inexperienced Barnes.  

Matt Schneidman -   Mason Crosby on Rich Bisaccia: "I have a lot of respect and a lot of love for Rich ... There's a high expectation and you can feel it in our meetings already, just guys needing to know exactly what they're doing at a high level and be responsible for that."

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Mason Crosby on Rich Bisaccia: "I have a lot of respect and a lot of love for Rich ... There's a high expectation and you can feel it in our meetings already, just guys needing to know exactly what they're doing at a high level and be responsible for that."

Average comment from an average kicker

@skibrett15

• Like 3