Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Speaking of old Packers RBs...

I remember yelling at the TV to get him out of the game after his 2 fumbles put us in a 0-14 hole lol.  He went on to have one of the biggest turnarounds in a game that I can remember.  I went from being frustrated with him to being so happy for him how he responded under pressure.

• Like 4

Paul Bretl -  Jake Hanson made his way into the roster last season and could end up as the Packers 2nd option at center. Jenkins would be more valuable at RT and it’s not far fetched that Hanson in Year 3 is more ready than Tom. We will see this summer but worth noting.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:24 PM, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -  Jake Hanson made his way into the roster last season and could end up as the Packers 2nd option at center. Jenkins would be more valuable at RT and it’s not far fetched that Hanson in Year 3 is more ready than Tom. We will see this summer but worth noting.

Bak-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Jenkins-Nijman-Ryhan-Toms-Walker-VanLanen-Hanson

I'll just say he's got a real uphill battle to make the team much less be the backup center. 

Edited by Old Guy

On 7/1/2022 at 1:57 AM, Brit Pack said:

These are tickets with over priced fancy food as part of the package, maybesome merc, a tour of the stadium etc and the seats themselves are either in box seats, which have your own lounge area etc or they are behind the team benches. These tickets start at around $450

I feel like I read tickets will be available for US fans july 26 for a reasonable price. Like $100-180. I should probably be skeptical of that. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I feel like I read tickets will be available for US fans july 26 for a reasonable price. Like $100-180. I should probably be skeptical of that. 

26th July is the general release for all fans and they will be around the price you stated but they will go very quick.

Currently they have released the expensive hospitalility tickets and they first go to NFL London Season Ticket Holders, Tottenham Hotspurs Season Ticket Holders and then to general release. The hospitality tickets were all sold out before reaching general release, in comparison the other two NFL London games hospitality tickets did reach general sale and hospitality tickets are still available.

Next a set of tickets for around the $100 - $180 mark were released but were again just for the two aforementioned groups, I had a lot of friends try to get a pair of tickets and were left very frustrated with the system to purchase on Ticketmaster and the inability to get any tickets. Those tickets are now floating around on certain sites for $250 - $350.

I didn't realise the 26th July date was for International sale as well as UK general sale. That's makes the chances of getting any tickets through the proper channels very, very slim.

Andrew Brandt -  Remember this line from former Packers GM Ron Wolf when thinking of this day. When he offered me the job, I asked about the weather in Green Bay. He responded, with a straight face:

"Well, there's two seasons: Winter and 4th of July."

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 1:35 AM, Brit Pack said:

26th July is the general release for all fans and they will be around the price you stated but they will go very quick.

Currently they have released the expensive hospitalility tickets and they first go to NFL London Season Ticket Holders, Tottenham Hotspurs Season Ticket Holders and then to general release. The hospitality tickets were all sold out before reaching general release, in comparison the other two NFL London games hospitality tickets did reach general sale and hospitality tickets are still available.

Next a set of tickets for around the $100 - $180 mark were released but were again just for the two aforementioned groups, I had a lot of friends try to get a pair of tickets and were left very frustrated with the system to purchase on Ticketmaster and the inability to get any tickets. Those tickets are now floating around on certain sites for $250 - $350.

I didn't realise the 26th July date was for International sale as well as UK general sale. That's makes the chances of getting any tickets through the proper channels very, very slim.

So bascially bend over and buy an espensive one if you want to go?

On 7/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, Leader said:

I'll be surprised if Hanson makes it. Tom strikes me as the kind of smart, versatile player that can come in and contribute as a rookie. Packers are unusually good at finding those guys. 

• Like 2

The thing about "Backup Center" is that you're not really looking for a guy to develop to be the starter of the future, since they took Meyers last year and he's cheap longer than Hanson is.  You're mostly just looking for a guy who can do the job well enough to get you out of a game.  The job of "backup center" is not so taxing for NFL OL with marginal talent that guys like Evan Dietrich Smith and Lucas Patrick pick it up in order to improve their roster chances/extend their careers.

Ideally you just dress 2 backup OL for a game- swing tackle and backup interior guy who can snap.

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The thing about "Backup Center" is that you're not really looking for a guy to develop to be the starter of the future, since they took Meyers last year and he's cheap longer than Hanson is.  You're mostly just looking for a guy who can do the job well enough to get you out of a game.  The job of "backup center" is not so taxing for NFL OL with marginal talent that guys like Evan Dietrich Smith and Lucas Patrick pick it up in order to improve their roster chances/extend their careers.

Ideally you just dress 2 backup OL for a game- swing tackle and backup interior guy who can snap.

Your ideal 2nd Center is also your 3rd Guard. Hanson is far from an ideal Guard physically. 

I have a hard time getting him into my top 9