Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Green19 said:

Do they have the a replacement picked out yet? Can’t remember when Murphy was identified during the process with Harlan.

I think Ed Policy has been mentioned as a possibility. He's currently COO, and has been the lead guy in development of the Titletown district. 

21 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Should I start my campaign now? I will become President of the Packers, then I will pull a Julius Caesar, and become the Emperor of the Packers!  

Chicago delenda est! 

🙂

Are you a shareholder?   I think that is one of the requirements but I might be wrong....

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

🙂

Are you a shareholder?   I think that is one of the requirements but I might be wrong....

I'd be surprised if  this was the case. When Mark Murphy became President he had no previous connection to the Packers organization. I'm sure he's a stockholder now, but I'm not sure he would have been then. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:53 PM, Brat&Beer said:

I think Ed Policy has been mentioned as a possibility. He's currently COO, and has been the lead guy in development of the Titletown district. 

So long as he doesn't wish to promote the same thinking as Carmen Policy (former 49ers GM, who got them into salary cap trouble, years ago).

On 7/9/2022 at 7:53 AM, Brat&Beer said:

If they go with someone like Policy they would be wise to go back to having the GM be in charge of football operations.  Policy is not nearly as qualified as Murphy to head up the football side.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they go with someone like Policy they would be wise to go back to having the GM be in charge of football operations.  Policy is not nearly as qualified as Murphy to head up the football side.

That will be the interesting part of the transfer. The trouble is, no one wants to give up that power once they have it so we’ll see how strong the oversight committee is when those decisions are made. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Should I start my campaign now? I will become President of the Packers, then I will pull a Julius Caesar, and become the Emperor of the Packers!  

Chicago delenda est! 

So when your inevitable fall happens, will you be assassinated by being bludgeoned with wheels of cheese instead of being stabbed with knives?

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 11:25 PM, Green19 said:

Do they have the a replacement picked out yet? Can’t remember when Murphy was identified during the process with Harlan.

Wasn't there a hiccup where someone was tabbed as the successor but turned out to be a bad fit for the position, or am I thinking of when they were grooming TT's replacement?