Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

IND not being in the top 15 with 2 of the best CBs in the league a little wild. Mcleod steady and i think they got something with Blackman.

Bengals starting Eli Apple and Owuzie. Throw the whole list out.

Stephon Gilmour, way past his prime and who else? They are near the bottom of the league as a secondary.

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Stephon Gilmour, way past his prime and who else? They are near the bottom of the league as a secondary.

Kenny Moore. And Lol past his prime and still ballin like a top 5 corner.

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

IND not being in the top 15 with 2 of the best CBs in the league a little wild. Mcleod steady and i think they got something with Blackman.

Bengals starting Eli Apple and Owuzie. Throw the whole list out.

It's a ranking of secondary's, not just outside CB's. 

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Kenny Moore. And Lol past his prime and still ballin like a top 5 corner.

You use Moore who is a nickel to build the case for Indy and ignore the Bengals nickel Hilton who is on par with Moore, they actually might be the 2 best nickel CBs in football. With having Bates at Safety and the drafting of Hill the Bengal hold the advantage over the Colts on the backend.   

17 minutes ago, R T said:

You use Moore who is a nickel to build the case for Indy and ignore the Bengals nickel Hilton who is on par with Moore, they actually might be the 2 best nickel CBs in football. With having Bates at Safety and the drafting of Hill the Bengal hold the advantage over the Colts on the backend.   

Sorry, but whoever doesn't start for us between Stokes and Douglass is the best nickel in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sorry, but whoever doesn't start for us between Stokes and Douglass is the best nickel in the game. 

Except neither of those guys is an actual nickel CB. The best "nickel" out of our top 3 is Alexander by far in terms of nickel CB qualities. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, R T said:

I actually completely discounted Chidobe after seeing he was listed after Apple on the DC. Which just isnt the case cuz Apple is literally booty. 

Id still have the Colts right around that area so im gonna shift these goal posts a little..

Put 16 teams and stick the colts on there.

Probably can keep the list tho

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Except neither of those guys is an actual nickel CB. The best "nickel" out of our top 3 is Alexander by far in terms of nickel CB qualities. 

The nickel signifies to me the 5th DB, thus the term nickel. That is going to be either Stokes or Douglass. I think you are talking about 'slot' CB. 

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How to say you are a homer without saying you are a homer. 

18 minutes ago, R T said:

How to say you are a homer without saying you are a homer. 

Is he wrong, though?

Our top 3 CB's should be very, very good.  But, there are question marks.  Can Stokes do it again at a little higher level?  Can Douglas do it again after catching lightning in a bottle (which sounds painful)?

That's why I'd probably downgrade us just a tick.  2 of our guys haven't "done it" for very long.

But man, there is a lot to be excited about.

Just pointing out, too, that Joe Haden is still out there as a free agent.

Hasn't won too much in the league.  Old.  Could be a valuable pickup if someone goes down for us or anyone else.

BTW...he was at TJ Watt's wedding.  Heard he was a really good guy with a great family.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Is he wrong, though?

Our top 3 CB's should be very, very good.  But, there are question marks.  Can Stokes do it again at a little higher level?  Can Douglas do it again after catching lightning in a bottle (which sounds painful)?

That's why I'd probably downgrade us just a tick.  2 of our guys haven't "done it" for very long.

But man, there is a lot to be excited about.

After exercising appropriate caution for sustained performance or potential regression, this is 100% spot on. We have the absolute best CB room in the sport and we still have people complaining about who comes in for some packages. 

I wouldn't mind a third safety with more experience, but am aware that on paper this is a total luxury considering the embarrassment of riches we have at the back of the defense.

Im fully expecting this to be an elite defense this season. Between that and an improved running game from hopefully better luck with oline health, there's not nearly as much pressure on the MVP as there have been on some prior year rosters.

• Like 2