Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

After exercising appropriate caution for sustained performance or potential regression, this is 100% spot on. We have the absolute best CB room in the sport and we still have people complaining about who comes in for some packages. 

I wouldn't mind a third safety with more experience, but am aware that on paper this is a total luxury considering the embarrassment of riches we have at the back of the defense.

Im fully expecting this to be an elite defense this season. Between that and an improved running game from hopefully better luck with oline health, there's not nearly as much pressure on the MVP as there have been on some prior year rosters.

How good does that Douglas contract look?  If he is what he was last year, that could be on the best deals in the league.  And if he fails,  it is a pretty easy out.  

Total win for the team/club/management.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

A.J. Dillon meets the Kenosha Kingfish.

This gave me a good laugh. I remember AJ Hawk lit some guy up at a golf tournament because he wanted to know what it was like to go over the middle vs. a pro linebacker. Hawk obliged but I guess the guy would come back every year asking for more and AJ said the dude kept getting bigger like he had been training the whole year for his wallop. 

Lot of HP pushing through those pistons, good luck to Kingfish. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Norm said:

That looks like the WR roster when I build a team to rush for 300 a game though lol

I mean, previously MVS was key to the geometry of the offense- you want that guy who the defense is worried about taking the top off if you want to run the ball.   All three rookie WRs seem like guys who *could* do this, but we haven seen them do it yet.

Paul Bretl -   Between the veteran WRs, Watson & Doubs, along with the TEs and RBs, there are only so many targets to go around—which means ST will be the path for either Winfree or Toure to make the team, that is if GB keeps 7 WRs.

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, previously MVS was key to the geometry of the offense- you want that guy who the defense is worried about taking the top off if you want to run the ball.   All three rookie WRs seem like guys who *could* do this, but we haven seen them do it yet.

It appears Watson has the kind of speed to take the top off too.