Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Is he a soccer fan?  There is a big soccer match at Lambeau tonight (but there is good chance of strong storms).

Bulaga is a Manchester City fan. That's why he's here. They'll be lucky to get the match in though. 

9 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bulaga is a Manchester City fan. That's why he's here. They'll be lucky to get the match in though. 

The storms rumbling thru town might be passed in an hour or so so the game could still take place.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   David Bakhtiari's contract was a huge financial risk for the Packers at signing in 2020. With injury setbacks spanning 2021, two massive contract restructure pushouts in both 2021 & 2022, and his 2022 health a major concern - his contract now reads as more liability than asset.

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   David Bakhtiari's contract was a huge financial risk for the Packers at signing in 2020. With injury setbacks spanning 2021, two massive contract restructure pushouts in both 2021 & 2022, and his 2022 health a major concern - his contract now reads as more liability than asset.

At the time he signed that contract he was playing at an elite level at the most important spot on the OL so it didn't seem like a huge risk.  It was ours and his lousy fortune he hurt his knee.  

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

At the time he signed that contract he was playing at an elite level at the most important spot on the OL so it didn't seem like a huge risk.  It was ours and his lousy fortune he hurt his knee.  

The issue with the timing of the contract is that they were going to make him the highest paid LT and did, if they are giving that contract out wait until the season is over. The reason for an in-season signing is to get a home team discount and there was none of that. His injury might have played into the handling of Adams deal last season; Adams wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL and the Packers were willing but only after the season was over.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

His contract was always a liability, Ken Ingalls, you supposed accountant, you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

His contract was always a liability, Ken Ingalls, you supposed accountant, you.

I still think very near 32 GMs make that deal, especially with a closing window on a HOF QB. Terrible twist of fate that his knee blows up in a playoff practice while the ink on the contract is barely dry. With a crystal ball, it’s a terrible deal. Looking at it realistically, it was going to happen. 

3 hours ago, R T said:

The issue with the timing of the contract is that they were going to make him the highest paid LT and did, if they are giving that contract out wait until the season is over. The reason for an in-season signing is to get a home team discount and there was none of that. His injury might have played into the handling of Adams deal last season; Adams wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL and the Packers were willing but only after the season was over.  

You also run the risk of pissing off your locker room by waiting until the very end.

I don't see it as an "issue" with the contract just choices with separate consequences.

23 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You also run the risk of pissing off your locker room by waiting until the very end.

I don't see it as an "issue" with the contract just choices with separate consequences.

The locker room dynamic is important, but when a team is making the player the highest paid player at his position in league history I believe waiting until the end of the season isn't that big of a negative for the locker room. IMO

2 hours ago, R T said:

The locker room dynamic is important, but when a team is making the player the highest paid player at his position in league history I believe waiting until the end of the season isn't that big of a negative for the locker room. IMO

In season gives the ability to put some of the guaranteed money into that current year.  Spread the cap hit out over another season.

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I hope every single one of you finds someone who loves you the way that Davante Adams loves Derek Carr. 

He should just shut up about it. He's making long winded, convoluted comments that mince and parce words painfully. Just drop it. You dont have to comment (continually) about everything. I hope somewhere in that word salad he said: "I'm done talking about this"

Edited by Leader

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

He should just shut up about it. He's making long winded, convoluted comments that mince and parce words painfully. Just drop it. You dont have to comment (continually) about everything. I hope somewhere in that word salad he said: "I'm done talking about this"

I don't think it's bad or anything like that. I just think it's hilarious. 

58 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think it's bad or anything like that. I just think it's hilarious. 

You know Rodgers is seething. He knows Cobb don't have it anymore so he's going to have to make one of the rooks a star. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You know Rodgers is seething. He knows Cobb don't have it anymore so he's going to have to make one of the rooks a star. 

And I wouldn't doubt it one bit if Rodgers did exactly that.  He has that type of mental makeup that just loves to piss people off that don't believe/back him.