Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think I’m gonna watch football this year, but as soon as the defense gives up 24 points I’ll turn the games off.

So you'll be watching every game this season then.
Now if only offence could put up 24 points a game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I think I’m gonna watch football this year, but as soon as the defense gives up 24 points I’ll turn the games off.

Well, you probably won't last long.  Seeing how the Packers have started seasons of late you'll probably be flipping the game off sometime in the 3rd quarter of game one. 

Totally Random Packer Note here, but has anyone else been completely weirded out by photos of Tyler Goodson wearing #39? I've wondered for years now about the Packers' methodology when assigning numbers, since there seem to be patterns in how they assign numbers like #36, #42, #21, etc. It cannot be a coincidence that they assigned Goodson #39, right? Are they trolling?

I just looked up Demetri Goodson and remembered he works for the Packers now as a college scout. What the ****.

14 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I have no idea what you are referring to.

Demetri Goodson, the guy who hung around for seemingly ages, and who by the end of his tenure with the Packers was older than most players on the team, also wore #39. I saw a photo of this year's Goodson wearing #39 and legitimately thought to myself, "There's no way he's still hanging around, is he?"

12 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Demetri Goodson, the guy who hung around for seemingly ages, and who by the end of his tenure with the Packers was older than most players on the team, also wore #39. I saw a photo of this year's Goodson wearing #39 and legitimately thought to myself, "There's no way he's still hanging around, is he?"

Demetri Goodson was only with the Packers for 3 seasons and only played in 26 games. He was 27 years old when he was released and never played for anyone else. The number 39 is correct though. 

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Totally Random Packer Note here, but has anyone else been completely weirded out by photos of Tyler Goodson wearing #39? I've wondered for years now about the Packers' methodology when assigning numbers, since there seem to be patterns in how they assign numbers like #36, #42, #21, etc. It cannot be a coincidence that they assigned Goodson #39, right? Are they trolling?

I just looked up Demetri Goodson and remembered he works for the Packers now as a college scout. What the ****.

I remember, he was like 26 when he was drafted and always just a fringe player maybe a stint on ST here and there. He was the Ento of his era.