Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I think Ford is. Barr would be interesting if we viewed him as a capable situational EDGE guy. Would have to get past the history with 12 and the injury though.

I think the same thing.  I feel like Barr is more like Campbell and Walker than a true edge guy.  That said, Barr is roughly the same size as Enagbare and Garvin.  Still, I think he would be a more finesse rusher than what we generally utilize.  If we are looking at old Vikings, I think I would prefer Everson Griffen. 

I was very bullish on adding to the edge position this offseason, and specifically Justin Houston.  Of what is left, I think I would lean Griffen or maybe take a flyer on Takk McKinley.  A lot of people liked him at draft time, and he is still only 26.  But I am also still intrigued by the 23 year old Jon Garvin, whom we have cheap control over for the next two seasons.

I think my real issue with the edge depth is, I don't trust any of them to take starter reps at this point, should we be forced into that situation. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can rodgers get suspended for saying he’s blasting off on DMT?

After watching some of that podcast… got serious Zoolander Hansel vibes. Was waiting for him to talk about spending the off-season sunbathing off the southern coast of St. Barts with spider monkeys.

Tripping on acid, changing his whole perspective on sh*t.

45 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

So I guess Dionte Johnson coming to Green Bay next season was just made up all along. Who would have guessed...

https://www.nfl.com/news/diontae-johnson-steelers-extension-sign-wr-two-year-36-million

Wait media outlets play loose and fast with their reporting to get clicks? I am shock.

sources close to the situation, is code for some rando screaming in the restroom at the stadium.

56 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Also, when your playing Jones deep in order for you high dollar Safety to do what hes good at.. Lol

I mean the way you make Jamal Adams useful in a defense is "you let him do whatever he wants" but that's going to be a problem unless the other safety can make up for that.  This is a thing you do with vintage Earl Thomas, not Josh Jones.

It's pretty obvious the Seahawks are rebuilding though.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wasn't Josh Jones' problem that he didn't want to do what Pettine was telling him to do, not his actual ability?

If that was the case he would be starting somewhere else by now. He has had plenty of chances and is still bouncing around teams but he isn't. He is just a borderline NFL level safety.