Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wasn't Josh Jones' problem that he didn't want to do what Pettine was telling him to do, not his actual ability?

Think his problem is upstairs. That's the one risk with Gute's "let me draft high RAS" guys. You can be the best athlete at safety but if you have zero instincts and headiness out there, you're not going to last long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the way you make Jamal Adams useful in a defense is "you let him do whatever he wants" but that's going to be a problem unless the other safety can make up for that.  This is a thing you do with vintage Earl Thomas, not Josh Jones.

It's pretty obvious the Seahawks are rebuilding though.

Yes it is best when you let him be a will.

Just odd that Jones is bouncing around the league this long getting a real shot at playing time. Guy couldnt see the forest for the tree. Obviouslt talented.

More just poking fun at the hawks who are adamant theres no rebuild, even though like you said, clearly.

Just cruising through Packers TC stuff on You Tube and found it funny all the national shows that are now picking the Packers to win the NFC and some picking them to win the SB. Same group of *** clowns that through a hissy fit when they didn't draft a WR in the 1st round of the draft and declared the Packers doomed without replacing Adams.  

13 minutes ago, R T said:

Just cruising through Packers TC stuff on You Tube and found it funny all the national shows that are now picking the Packers to win the NFC and some picking them to win the SB. Same group of *** clowns that through a hissy fit when they didn't draft a WR in the 1st round of the draft and declared the Packers doomed without replacing Adams.  

Aaron sent them all some ayahuasca. Now that they can love themselves, they see everything in a different light. 

Edited by Brat&Beer

13 minutes ago, R T said:

Yeah that actually makes me feel worse about our chances. The real truth is, it will be a grind. If the D lives up to potential, 12 starts spreading the ball around like a point guard and let’s everyone else go to work, we stay healthy, Oh yeah, and don’t have total ST meltdown- we could do this!

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Every time I see hybrid LB/S I see a guy that can't do either very well. It's a great idea on paper, but rarely works on the field. Not sure how long the list is after Deone Buccanon

Kam Chancelllor was all world in his prime, especially paired with ET. 

I thought maybe we had our own light version with Sean Richardson before he was injured. It has to be tough to be one of the “little” guys and be tasked with getting in there to do the dirty work. Rouse fit that mold for us but before the “hybrid” era got to where it is now. *Going down memory lane,  just found out he’s got a political career in Virginia Beach  

I understand why Josh Jones was hesitant but he probably cost himself a large second contract because he seemed physical enough to play close to the line. 

Edited by Refugee

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The question I'm always going to ask is "how would he be if he played next to an average free safety" rather than "he played next to the best free safety of his era".  Thomas's career with the Seahawks lasted one more year (Chancellor's was cut short with a neck injury) so we'll never know, but you always wonder.  He clearly landed in a perfect situation.

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The question I'm always going to ask is "how would he be if he played next to an average free safety" rather than "he played next to the best free safety of his era".  Thomas's career with the Seahawks lasted one more year (Chancellor's was cut short with a neck injury) so we'll never know, but you always wonder.  He clearly landed in a perfect situation.

I think he wouldn’t have been as good, that insane secondary fed off eachother’s considerable talent, but prime Kam was a force. He intimidated anyone brave enough to go over the middle and with good reason. I remember him completely bullying Rich Rodgers to the point it was embarrassing. He created turnovers by just dominating the ball carriers. He would also hurdle the line on kick blocking teams. Of course he was in the best situation to shine, but he played that role with excellence. Go watch one of his highlight reels, some unreal plays.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Peter Bukowski -  QBs facing the lowest pressure % last year according to FToutsiders:

Tom Brady 15.7%
Big Ben 16.9%
Stafford 18.1%
Rodgers 20.4%

Big difference last year was Brady was awesome vs. pressure while Stafford and Rodgers were well below average.

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

To my earlier point, Kam had a very good football IQ. As did Thomas and Sherman. Probably one of the smartest secondaries, football wise, in a while. 

• Like 1