Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

ehhhhhhh....

Acceptable. Not going to open up the whole can of worms but if you stand by your stance then you’ve got to deal with that stance publicly. And this was a face to face interaction, not just a bunch of yahoos spouting off on the internet about their righteousness. 

42 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Acceptable. Not going to open up the whole can of worms but if you stand by your stance then you’ve got to deal with that stance publicly. And this was a face to face interaction, not just a bunch of yahoos spouting off on the internet about their righteousness. 

Why is his position even a topic? Why does anyone care what any football players view is on any non-football related ****? It's last year's garbage news and a couple of nobodies are trying to make a name for themselves off of it. Classless move. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Why is his position even a topic? Why does anyone care what any football players view is on any non-football related ****? It's last year's garbage news and a couple of nobodies are trying to make a name for themselves off of it. Classless move. 

I haven’t watched the whole thing but I doubt it was a 100% football related interview. Anyway, the pandemic is not old news, we are probably at a different stage of dealing with it but it is still a global concern. As far as class, that’s subjective but Barstool has made moves/statements that would probably not be considered classy by many. 

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Dexter Williams Part Deux?

Patrick Taylor is back practicing but might not be ready to go. Definitely want more than 2 rookies going to play the 9ers and theoretically he has less of a learning curve although it seemed one of the reasons he didn’t make the cut was not picking things up quickly. 

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  QBs facing the lowest pressure % last year according to FToutsiders:

Tom Brady 15.7%
Big Ben 16.9%
Stafford 18.1%
Rodgers 20.4%..

I assume that's just a calculation of how many passing snaps had a pressure?  As opposed to something more complex factoring size of drop and time before throw?  

I'm thinking that a lot of pass plays didn't have pressure, not necessarily because the 5 o-linemen did great; but because MLF and Rodgers were opting for very short quick-throw plays, to avoid pressure?  And also supplementing the 5 o-linemen with TE and RB pass-blocking support.  

The fraction of Aaron's completions that were behind, at, or within 5 yards of the LOS was very high, I think.