Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

With Jones and Dillon set not to play in preseason games, and Kylin Hill still out, Packers only had 3 RB's for preseason games. 

I actually always liked Williams. I think his biggest issue was learning the playbook and playing between the ears. The raw talent was always there, and he was actually a decent KR too. 

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I actually always liked Williams. I think his biggest issue was learning the playbook and playing between the ears. The raw talent was always there, and he was actually a decent KR too. 

I think the only person who possibly gave less effort on cover specials (than Dexter) was ESB.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is Taylor still hurt?  I would think that 3 should be enough.

He just got back to practicing this week, and likely not full speed. Of all of the guys that will play, he knows the offense the best. Dex should bring some recall with him.

We need bodies to get through camp but we need guys to know enough of what their role is in this offense so everyone else gets a good look.

4 hours ago, R T said:

ESB had 7 ST's tackles last season, that doesn't happen without putting out effort. 

Sorry, but you are wrong here.  Go watch film, not just of last years specials, but the years prior.  

He was such a dog out there that you couldn't help but notice it.

It was like he thought he was better than playing on specials.  

Edited by vegas492

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Sorry, but you are wrong here.  Go watch film, not just of last years specials, but the years prior.  

He was such a dog out there that you couldn't help but not notice it.

It was like he thought he was better than playing on specials.  

That is a lack of heart IMO. You are either a professional with a passion for doing your job or you are a heartless loser. 

The Packers have released WR Osirus Mitchell and LS Steven Wirtel, with the addition of RB Dexter Williams the roster sits at 89 players. Would not be surprised to hear they sign one of the LS's they had in for a tryout yesterday, Fabroni from Arizona State or Ortiz from TCU.   

5 minutes ago, R T said:

The Packers have released WR Osirus Mitchell and LS Steven Wirtel, with the addition of RB Dexter Williams the roster sits at 89 players. Would not be surprised to hear they sign one of the LS's they had in for a tryout yesterday, Fabroni from Arizona State or Ortiz from TCU.   

Wouldn't be surprised if Brkic is the next head to roll and they add one of those kickers who tried out. They might give Brkic this first preseason game to save his spot. 

26 minutes ago, R T said:

If it’s not Fabroni I swear I’m done with this team. 

• Like 2