Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 8/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, Arthur Penske said:

MLF knows

So does 23

Nice play by both DDs. I guess pass catchers with those initials do pretty well in this town.

Carpenter looks slower than everyone else. Doubs is one thing but Dafney? I know he's a hybrid but damn.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That is a lack of heart IMO. You are either a professional with a passion for doing your job or you are a heartless loser. 

I always felt like he thought he deserved more than what he got from GB.  Like he didn't have to earn it.

He fell in the draft, partially because of attitude.

He had a very good rookie season and flashed big time.

Then?  Never really earned much playing time, and didn't do a whole lot once he got in there.

I'm going to be really curious to see what he does with the Loins.  Maybe playing with little brother, who lit it up last year, will put a fire in his pants.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I always felt like he thought he deserved more than what he got from GB.  Like he didn't have to earn it.

Then?  Never really earned much playing time, and didn't do a whole lot once he got in there.

I'm going to be really curious to see what he does with the Loins.  Maybe playing with little brother, who lit it up last year, will put a fire in his pants.

He plays for the Bears though

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He is with the Bears now. 

He had a second-round grade coming out and fell because he oozed entitlement, but that doesn't mean people don't change and grow from being a 21 YO know it all to a productive man. You want to judge him based on what he was and not what he is becoming. I'm guessing you are not the same dumb *** you were when you were 21 YO.   

29 minutes ago, R T said:

He had a second-round grade coming out and fell because he oozed entitlement, but that doesn't mean people don't change and grow from being a 21 YO know it all to a productive man. You want to judge him based on what he was and not what he is becoming. I'm guessing you are not the same dumb *** you were when you were 21 YO.   

He's not on the Bears. You're reading it wrong. He's on the Lions second team

• Like 4

1 hour ago, R T said:

First off, it's the Bares.

Second off....f------

Thirdly....we are not talking about me.  Or you.  Or @Norm 's mom.  We are talking about ESB.

I thought he was immature and entitled.  I never saw a second round grade on him, I did see third.  And we know where he fell.  And we know that after how many years?  Four?  He did not mature.

So I guess we are in agreement concerning him.

Fourthy....if I'm looking at NFL players against myself, as careers.  Mine is going to be what, 43 years long or so?  Let's round down to 40, because I have a sugar momma who is going to speed up retirement.

If a player is lucky, his is what, 8 years long?  

For the sake of rounding, let's assume that every year played in the NFL is worth 5 years of my average, ordinary gig.  Which means by my 15'th year working, I sure as heck was much more mature than when I started.  (3 years for ESB)

ESB did not mature while he was here.  Maybe he will, probably he won't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

First off, it's the Bares.

Second off....f------

Thirdly....we are not talking about me.  Or you.  Or @Norm 's mom.  We are talking about ESB.

I thought he was immature and entitled.  I never saw a second round grade on him, I did see third.  And we know where he fell.  And we know that after how many years?  Four?  He did not mature.

So I guess we are in agreement concerning him.

Fourthy....if I'm looking at NFL players against myself, as careers.  Mine is going to be what, 43 years long or so?  Let's round down to 40, because I have a sugar momma who is going to speed up retirement.

If a player is lucky, his is what, 8 years long?  

For the sake of rounding, let's assume that every year played in the NFL is worth 5 years of my average, ordinary gig.  Which means by my 15'th year working, I sure as heck was much more mature than when I started.  (3 years for ESB)

ESB did not mature while he was here.  Maybe he will, probably he won't.

That is a whole lot of assuming about someone you haven't spent two minutes of time in their company. With age should come some wisdom.