Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 8/11/2022 at 7:52 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

If it is worth anything, probably isn't, one of the podcast guys mentioned that they have been playing Nijman at LT and rotating others, mostly Newman IIRC, at RT.  One would think that if the plan was to have either Bakhtiari or Jenkins at LT and Nijman at RT, Nijman would have gotten some action at RT.    

He has been getting some though, when Tom was LT for the ones. 

I do think that if Nijman would start on this offense over Newman then he would have last year. Fully healthy I bet it reads Bakh-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Jenkins with Nijman, Tom and Hanson as top reserves.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

He has been getting some though, when Tom was LT for the ones. 

I do think that if Nijman would start on this offense over Newman then he would have last year. Fully healthy I bet it reads Bakh-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Jenkins with Nijman, Tom and Hanson as top reserves.

Not saying you are wrong at all.

But...if healthy I can see a line of Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Nijman.  Or flip flop the guards.

I don't know how much Newman has improved, but I think Nijman at tackle, with Jenkins at guard is better than Jenkins at tackle and Newman (of last year) at guard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not saying you are wrong at all.

But...if healthy I can see a line of Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Nijman.  Or flip flop the guards.

I don't know how much Newman has improved, but I think Nijman at tackle, with Jenkins at guard is better than Jenkins at tackle and Newman (of last year) at guard.

We actually agree on something. Unless your boy Newman proves or get a chance to prove he can handle RT. I think this is the route. I'm guess Jenkins, who wants tackle money, may have a bit of an issue with it.

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We actually agree on something. Unless your boy Newman proves or get a chance to prove he can handle RT. I think this is the route. I'm guess Jenkins, who wants tackle money, may have a bit of an issue with it.

That's why I think Newman starts at guard. Even if Nijman ends up being slightly better at T than Newman at G, I think you want to keep your all-pro caliber lineman happy and in the position he wants.

I also think the value of Jenkins at RT is too high. I've always felt you want your best pass blockers on the outside. He's kind of wasted as a guard.

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I honestly think Yosh looked better at LT last year than Jenkins did with his time there. Other than the very first series agains the 49ers and I’ll chalk that up to nerves. 

RichRymanPG -   With the opening of the NFL regular season less than a month away, ticket prices are clarifying what fans think of the Green Bay Packers' matchups.

The most- and least-expensive games generally make sense, although there are a couple of surprises at each end. Why, for example, does the New England game rank so high at fourth costliest tickets overall and the Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams so low at 14th?

The most expensive game, by a lot, is the meeting of the Packers and the New York Giants in London on Oct. 9. The average of lowest prices on the secondary market for that game was $507 on Monday, compared with the next highest, $311 for the game in Tampa. 

In fact, four of the six most expensive games take place during the first six weeks of the season, including Chicago on Sept. 18, Tampa Bay on Sept. 25, New England on Oct. 2 and the Giants on Oct. 9.

Conversely, three of the four least-expensive games are at the end of the season, although there's plenty of time for that to change, depending on how the season unrolls. Games which look like bargains now include Tennessee at Lambeau on Nov. 17, a Thursday, the Rams at Lambeau on Dec. 19 and the Vikings at Lambeau on Jan. 1. 

56 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tyler Herrick -   Imagine Romeo Doubs with Aaron Rodgers… Cannot believe they traded up to take a WR in the 2nd round, and the pick was not Doubs.

IDK if you know, but he was being sarcastic about the comments where Doubs is replaced with Pickens

2 hours ago, Leader said:

RichRymanPG -   With the opening of the NFL regular season less than a month away, ticket prices are clarifying what fans think of the Green Bay Packers' matchups.

The most- and least-expensive games generally make sense, although there are a couple of surprises at each end. Why, for example, does the New England game rank so high at fourth costliest tickets overall and the Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams so low at 14th?

The most expensive game, by a lot, is the meeting of the Packers and the New York Giants in London on Oct. 9. The average of lowest prices on the secondary market for that game was $507 on Monday, compared with the next highest, $311 for the game in Tampa. 

In fact, four of the six most expensive games take place during the first six weeks of the season, including Chicago on Sept. 18, Tampa Bay on Sept. 25, New England on Oct. 2 and the Giants on Oct. 9.

Conversely, three of the four least-expensive games are at the end of the season, although there's plenty of time for that to change, depending on how the season unrolls. Games which look like bargains now include Tennessee at Lambeau on Nov. 17, a Thursday, the Rams at Lambeau on Dec. 19 and the Vikings at Lambeau on Jan. 1. 

Because there are no LA Rams fans.