Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Dafney released. Suprised by that

Interesting?  I wonder how much is health/availability and how much is performance?  

This is probably dumb, but having Dafney as basically a blocker-only guy, and a guy who wasn't a very big or powerful blocker anyway, makes me pretty OK to cut him loose.  Heh heh, I'd probably rather not run too many sets with Dafney-function anyway.  And of those sets, I'd probably rather have Degaura take them all, rather than splitting up those types of packages between Dafney playing some and Deguara playing others.  Last, I kinda think that for any of the sets that Dafney was used in, movement-blocking or getting the rare short-throw-and-run play, not only can Degaura probably do them as well or better, but I also think that Dillon could probably do them as well or better.  Why couldn't he probably play Dafney's fullback role and block just as well or more powerfully than Dafney?  He's got much better hands, so for the rare throw-and-run play, he's also much better.  Plus he might be more defense-distracting.  Dafney like Lewis was basically a defense-can-ignore guy; *IF* Dillon was used in Dafney's place, I think he might be less ignorable?  

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Disagree… there are a ton. They are just fair weather fans and don’t travel.

They will do well at LA home games but not much else.

Not surprising that people living in LA don't want to travel to Green Bay in December. That said, I watched 49ers @ Rams game last January and it sounded like a 49ers crowd, 

With all the running plays, plus if there are 100 passes to Dillon and Jones, and with all of the other throw-and-run stuff at the line of scrimmage, defenses might be tempted to compress and compress and compress.  May need to really penalize that with successful downfield stuff?  It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can show some accuracy on deeper throws, and if Watkins, Watson, Lazard, and Doubs can catch some?  

• Like 1