Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, craig said:

With all the running plays, plus if there are 100 passes to Dillon and Jones, and with all of the other throw-and-run stuff at the line of scrimmage, defenses might be tempted to compress and compress and compress.  May need to really penalize that with successful downfield stuff?  It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can show some accuracy on deeper throws, and if Watkins, Watson, Lazard, and Doubs can catch some?  

Would love to see some back breaking play action TD's this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Looks like he finally overcame that RB target ego @Outpost31

I’ve acknowledged this as the largest advantage of LaFleur since the first year LaFleur got here, and I’ve been pointing to that for the same length of time.

He did get over his aversion to throwing to running backs.

His YPA has significantly increased because of it.

You’re three years late to this.

No RB ever got over 55 targets before LaFleur.

Then in LaFleur’s first year, Jones gets 68 targets while Jamaal Williams had 45.

Which I heavily acknowledged for the entire two seasons under LaFleur in which I posted here regularly.

An

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve acknowledged this as the largest advantage of LaFleur since the first year LaFleur got here, and I’ve been pointing to that for the same length of time.

He did get over his aversion to throwing to running backs.

His YPA has significantly increased because of it.

You’re three years late to this.

No RB ever got over 55 targets before LaFleur.

Then in LaFleur’s first year, Jones gets 68 targets while Jamaal Williams had 45.

Which I heavily acknowledged for the entire two seasons under LaFleur in which I posted here regularly.

An

This was our whole disagreement. The reluctance to throw to RBs was MM, not Rodgers. 

13 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Not surprising that people living in LA don't want to travel to Green Bay in December. That said, I watched 49ers @ Rams game last January and it sounded like a 49ers crowd, 

Oh it was… 49ers fans are more active and care more about the team.

Los Angeles isn’t a football city. Don’t get me wrong there are a ton of great football fans there… they just cheer for different teams. There is a Packers bar on Venice Beach I believe.

There is a healthy rams fan base. And there are some great die hards. They just aren’t like mid west football fans, southern football fans, etc.

Its also a baseball and basketball town. Dodgers and Lakers are king there.

The only time it really embraced football was USC during the Pete Carroll years.

Rams were smart to move first and get the small and only foot hold of fans they could (unlike the disaster that is the chargers, the franchise with no fan base). They had to sell out to win because they are fighting an uphill battle. They would likely get more eyes and “fans” if the Dodgers and Lakers hadnt had championship seasons so recently. If the city had been like 5 to 7 years without a major sport championship… you’d get more aggressive ram fans going to games, traveling with the team, etc.

Fact is, with Dodgers doing well… every other team gets dwarfed in the city.

Edited by Green19

28 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Oh it was… 49ers fans are more active and care more about the team.

Los Angeles isn’t a football city. Don’t get me wrong there are a ton of great football fans there… they just cheer for different teams. There is a Packers bar on Venice Beach I believe.

There is a healthy rams fan base. And there are some great die hards. They just aren’t like mid west football fans, southern football fans, etc.

Its also a baseball and basketball town. Dodgers and Lakers are king there.

The only time it really embraced football was USC during the Pete Carroll years.

Rams were smart to move first and get the small and only foot hold of fans they could (unlike the disaster that is the chargers, the franchise with no fan base). They had to sell out to win because they are fighting an uphill battle. They would likely get more eyes and “fans” if the Dodgers and Lakers hadnt had championship seasons so recently. If the city had been like 5 to 7 years without a major sport championship… you’d get more aggressive ram fans going to games, traveling with the team, etc.

Fact is, with Dodgers doing well… every other team gets dwarfed in the city.

So, I actually live in LA, and it's a great football city...full of Raider fans.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

So, I actually live in LA, and it's a great football city...full of Raider fans.

That’s what i was trying to get at. Tons of football fans… the issue is it doesn’t have a local team identity, that is taken up by other teams in other sports.

So many of the fans in the area are fans of teams from other regions. Rams are making in roads, but they literally just won the super bowl and it didn’t move the needle much. LA is good for alot of bandwagoners wanting to be associated with a winner. I mean even when the Kings won the Stanley Cup those 2 years… you saw a big boost in “hockey fans”, that went away fast though.

Lot of different metrics you can use… but just walking around LA and LA county, the merch is easily dominated by the Dodgers. It’s only rival is the Lakers. 

And yes Southern California has a healthy number of Raider fans… this is for a ton of reasons some that don’t even have anything to do with football haha.

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

This was our whole disagreement. The reluctance to throw to RBs was MM, not Rodgers. 

Ezekiel Elliot had the exact same number of targets he had the prior year and every year under McCarthy. Different quarterbacks.

Tony Pollard had 40+ targets in each of the past two years.

So Pollard + Elliot had 105 targets last year.
Jones + Dillon had 102 targets last year.

In McCarthy's first and only year as OC, San Fran's top two backs had 80 targets.

It wasn't McCarthy, it's never been McCarthy.

If you think McCarthy watched as all his receivers went down in 2015 and you think his gameplan was, "Let's not throw to James Starks and Eddie Lacy," you're as stupid and delusional as you think I think you are. Yet Rodgers targetd Randall Cobb 129 times, James Jones 99 times, Davante Adams 94 times, RICHARD RODGERS 85 TIMES, then Starks 53, Lacy 28.

Aaron's first year as a starter he targeted ALL running backs on the roster, not just the top two, but ALL backs 81 times. 81. 81 total targets for every single running back on the roster compared to 115 the year before.

If you are as completely brain dead to think that a head coach is going to not have his first year starting quarterback to NOT throw to running backs the year after taking over for a LEGEND,

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE IDIOT MORON.

Stop this. You're such an incorrigible, petulant child. You can see it on the ****ing tape in years 2012-2018. In DIRE situations under McCarthy's last year you had backs wide open in the middle of the field that Rodgers looked at, waved to and then threw thirty yards over Davante's head.

And you are too stupid, petulant or stunted to digest all of this information. You're going to sit and continue to never have an original thought because nobody on ESPN told you to think it. I do not like you, I have never liked you, and I'm not on here enough anymore to put up with your bull****.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Ezekiel Elliot had the exact same number of targets he had the prior year and every year under McCarthy. Different quarterbacks.

Tony Pollard had 40+ targets in each of the past two years.

So Pollard + Elliot had 105 targets last year.
Jones + Dillon had 102 targets last year.

In McCarthy's first and only year as OC, San Fran's top two backs had 80 targets.

It wasn't McCarthy, it's never been McCarthy.

If you think McCarthy watched as all his receivers went down in 2015 and you think his gameplan was, "Let's not throw to James Starks and Eddie Lacy," you're as stupid and delusional as you think I think you are. Yet Rodgers targetd Randall Cobb 129 times, James Jones 99 times, Davante Adams 94 times, RICHARD RODGERS 85 TIMES, then Starks 53, Lacy 28.

Aaron's first year as a starter he targeted ALL running backs on the roster, not just the top two, but ALL backs 81 times. 81. 81 total targets for every single running back on the roster compared to 115 the year before.

If you are as completely brain dead to think that a head coach is going to not have his first year starting quarterback to NOT throw to running backs the year after taking over for a LEGEND,

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE IDIOT MORON.

Stop this. You're such an incorrigible, petulant child. You can see it on the ****ing tape in years 2012-2018. In DIRE situations under McCarthy's last year you had backs wide open in the middle of the field that Rodgers looked at, waved to and then threw thirty yards over Davante's head.

And you are too stupid, petulant or stunted to digest all of this information. You're going to sit and continue to never have an original thought because nobody on ESPN told you to think it. I do not like you, I have never liked you, and I'm not on here enough anymore to put up with your bull****.

Sally Field - You Like Me, You Really, Really, Like Me - Bing video 

Peter Bukowski -  Aaron Rodgers concisely on Jordan Love’s 3 INTs

“Dropped pick, not a great route, not a great finish by Romeo. The one that becomes a bogus pick. And then a bad decision but a terrible route inside.”

The box score scouts are furious