Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers have signed WR Travis Fulgham. Yes, THE Travis Fulgham. He has played for 4 NFL teams and was with the Packers for 9 days in August 2020. He had a decent year for the Eagles in 2020. 

I remember we let him go and he had like two decent games immediately after and then nothing. I also remember he was pretty jacked, like even his legs had veins popping out which was a little unsettling but all good on a grid iron. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, they probably wouldn’t have minded so much if this hadn’t come up multiple times over the past three years after one of the people was proven wrong each and every time and the one proven wrong keeps bringing it up.

I’ve (sadly?) been around here for like over a decade, which is long enough to know “they” (and Barnett?) have tended to “mind”  many things.

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's more dangerous now than ever. For the reasons you list.

Did a quick wiki on Mount Everest. There have been 93 deaths in the last decade. There was 217 deaths in the 88 years before that. Obviously more are making the climb in the 2020s than in the 1920s.

An interesting thing though that has occurred in the last decade… is the average age that die on Mount Everest. Before the last decade someone above 40 dying is seemingly more rare. In the last decade you have 60+ age group trying to climb Everest and dying. You even had an 82 year old that died!

So because it has gotten sooooo accessible you have people that shouldn’t be climbing… climbing. A lot of cardiac arrest in these high aged individuals.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Green19 said:

Did a quick wiki on Mount Everest. There have been 93 deaths in the last decade. There was 217 deaths in the 88 years before that. Obviously more are making the climb in the 2020s than in the 1920s.

An interesting thing though that has occurred in the last decade… is the average age that die on Mount Everest. Before the last decade someone above 40 dying is seemingly more rare. In the last decade you have 60+ age group trying to climb Everest and dying. You even had an 82 year old that died!

So because it has gotten sooooo accessible you have people that shouldn’t be climbing… climbing. A lot of cardiac arrest in these high aged individuals.

Climbing equipment and gear has been improved drastically over the years.  You still have to be well conditioned and fit to make that climb.  

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

I’ve had a similar experience. It’s not a long list and some how you’re not on it, so it’s not a very good list but it has been pretty prescient in my few years here. 

Amen brother!  I have a list of one.  And it has made all the difference in the world on here.

9 hours ago, Green19 said:

Everest is such a fascinating thing to read about....especially the deaths.

In the article I linked to, it talked about one woman, I think from the UK, who got to the summit, celebrated too hard and basically ran out of oxygen and died shortly thereafter.

Also...the article frequently mentioned how other climbers can't really help out people in trouble because helping them likely means death for themselves.

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

I remember we let him go and he had like two decent games immediately after and then nothing. I also remember he was pretty jacked, like even his legs had veins popping out which was a little unsettling but all good on a grid iron. 

It's a weird story .. mainly got an opportunity to fill in for Alshon Jeffrey, and produced for 5 straight weeks.  Then Alshon came back and the opportunities went away.  

***The Fulgham flame was essentially extinguished by a cocktail of things, including the failure to adapt to defenses beginning to game plan for the hot hand, less-than-optimal practice habits, and the final ingredient which incensed the fan base: Doug Pederson defaulting to Alshon Jeffery once the veteran got healthy.

"It was kind of Alshon came back healthy, and that was his spot," Fulgham said. "I kind of just went back into my role, I guess. ... It was rough. But it’s a team sport. I can’t be selfish. I had to move on, continue practicing, and fill my role."***

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/closing-the-case-on-travis-fulghams-disappearance-from-the-eagles-offense

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Everest is such a fascinating thing to read about....especially the deaths.

In the article I linked to, it talked about one woman, I think from the UK, who got to the summit, celebrated too hard and basically ran out of oxygen and died shortly thereafter.

Also...the article frequently mentioned how other climbers can't really help out people in trouble because helping them likely means death for themselves.

Plus, how many were eaten by Yeti?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

This whole forum is off topic as **** the last couple days and I'm all for it

I mean, we can only break down making room for Juwann Winfree and should we cut Jake Hanson in so many ways.  At least there is a game tomorrow so that we can further devolve into more inane things; like is Dexter Williams really the third best back on the roster?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, we can only break down making room for Juwann Winfree and should we cut Jake Hanson in so many ways.  At least there is a game tomorrow so that we can further devolve into more inane things; like is Dexter Williams really the third best back on the roster?

Becoming the 3rd best running back on this team shouldn't be that difficult. It's not like he's being asked to climb Mt. Everest. 

• Like 1