Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Mostly avoided.  There have been only 44 left-handed QBs to even play quarterback in the NFL.  Some of these guys were just undeniable talents that you figured out a way to make work (e.g. Mike Vick) but for the most part lefties get moved from quarterback to a different position in high school if not earlier.

The weird one is Tua, who is right-handed in his everyday life but plays football left-handed.

And if they’ve really got top notch arm talent and pro dreams, they often get moved to pitcher on the baseball team. 

There was a NFL film with some insight recently.

Edited by Refugee

Zach Kruse -    Aaron Rodgers: "The pre-practice jog-through, I stepped into the huddle the other day, it was Big Giraffe at left, Elgton over at right, Big Dog was in there, Sammy and Cobb and Allen and Jonesy...and I was like, this feels like a pretty good offense right here."

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -    Aaron Rodgers: "The pre-practice jog-through, I stepped into the huddle the other day, it was Big Giraffe at left, Elgton over at right, Big Dog was in there, Sammy and Cobb and Allen and Jonesy...and I was like, this feels like a pretty good offense right here."

Giraffe .. That ones new to me. Caleb Jones or is that Yosh's nickname?

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I agree with Aaron Rodgers.  There are some interesting possibilities with the offense if Bakhti and Jenkins can both come back and resume playing at a high level; and if they aren't just replaced with other crucial guys getting injured.  Whether Rodgers himself is able to play at a high and accurate level is also pretty crucial, obviously.  

But certainly if Bakhti and Jenkins are back and reasonably effective, it would not be stupid Kool-aid to entertain hopes for a pretty good offense.  

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

He wasn't making the 53.  Best to get something for him instead of letting him end up in Chicago.

Yeah .. good move to possibly get something for him.  The Packers have a surplus on the line as it is.  They probably feel pretty good about Bak and Jenkins at this point.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He looked good this pre-season?

He has but was borderline to make it on the 53. The Packers seemed to be 10-12 deep with NFL caliber OL and this eases the log jam a bit. Hope he ends up being a solid player for you. Good Luck.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He looked good this pre-season?

1000% awful.  We fleeced the hell out of you!  

He hasn't been bad.   He needs more seasoning.  He can probably get you out of a game, should someone get hurt.  My guess is that he tops out as a super-sub kind of OL, probably not a preferred starter.  But, what do I know, I'm just some jerk on the internet. 

• Like 1