Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

30 minutes ago, Chili said:

Isn't Lazard too big to be considered a H-Back? he's 6'5 and too skinny. A H-Back is someone who has the ability to carry the ball and block but can also carry out normal TE duties, someone like Danny Vitale, James Casey, Peyton Hillis, Marcel Reece and Kyle Juszczyk. All of whom are between 6'1"-6'3" and at least 240lbs. Or am I misunderstanding the position completely?

Instead the better question is to ask if Lazard could be converted to be a move-TE. The best move-TE to compare him to would be Evan Engram who is 6'3" and weighs 234lbs however i suspect he will be around 240lbs by now. Lazard is only 227lbs and if he's going to play TE he got a long way to go to add weight and learn the nuances of being a TE before he can play.

If we persevere him as a WR then I think he's likely will just be a camp body.

I really like the idea of using Vitale as a movable matchup weapon for Rodgers to manipulate, he could be blocking, he could be rushing, he could be receiving. However it depends if the new head coach even wants a fullback/H-Back on his team.

But Vitale sucks at all those things

H-BACK in this offense predominantly means TE that can lead block.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Lenzy Pipkins doesn't have the speed or short area quickness to play CB, but he is a solid tackler (something we lack) and seems to have a descent football IQ. Would you bring him back as a Safety prospect? 

I'd give him a shot again at safety possibly. I liked the kid for what he was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But Vitale sucks at all those things

H-BACK in this offense predominantly means TE that can lead block.

You're probably right about Vitale but asking Lazard to lead block when he only ever played WR makes little sense.

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd give him a shot again at safety possibly. I liked the kid for what he was. 

Yikes ... he would have to show a lot more than how he played this year.  We don't need more projects ... we need veteran help.  Not saying he couldn't do it but would have to make a giant leap.    

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yikes ... he would have to show a lot more than how he played this year.  We don't need more projects ... we need veteran help.  Not saying he couldn't do it but would have to make a giant leap.    

It's as an end of the roster type addition, not a "help" addition. He's fine to bring back and gamble on. He was fine as a #5 corner.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's as an end of the roster type addition, not a "help" addition. He's fine to bring back and gamble on. He was fine as a #5 corner.

Just now, beekay414 said:

10-4  .... agree.

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Personally think Brown is the back end development guy and has shown way more than Lenzy ever did. Plus they have Jamerson now too. Not that Lenzy is a bad option for a team, but we've already got that guy.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Personally think Brown is the back end development guy and has shown way more than Lenzy ever did. Plus they have Jamerson now too. Not that Lenzy is a bad option for a team, but we've already got that guy.

Eh, I don't expect anything out of Natrell Jamerson unless it's in the return game. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be upset if we brought Lenzy back. Liked him in flashes last year and would love to see what he could do with Pettine coaching him instead of Dom Capers (yes, I know positional coaches are the same but blah shut up).

McGinn hammered WR David Raih in his latest article.  Can't wait to get a new coaching staff.

“They’ve got three young guys and they’re getting taught by a guy that doesn’t understand the offense,” said one source. “Guys have been bitching about it since August. The quarterback thinks he’s a complete fraud. Rodgers pretty much tells him he doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

“David Raih is a fraud,” a member of the Packers’ scouting or coaching staffs in 2017 said. “He’s the next hot one that Mike’s developing. He’s not a coach.”

https://bobmcginnfootball.com/passing-game-struggles-point-to-ineffective-wr-coach-raih/

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

McGinn hammered WR David Raih in his latest article.  Can't wait to get a new coaching staff.

“They’ve got three young guys and they’re getting taught by a guy that doesn’t understand the offense,” said one source. “Guys have been bitching about it since August. The quarterback thinks he’s a complete fraud. Rodgers pretty much tells him he doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

“David Raih is a fraud,” a member of the Packers’ scouting or coaching staffs in 2017 said. “He’s the next hot one that Mike’s developing. He’s not a coach.”

https://bobmcginnfootball.com/passing-game-struggles-point-to-ineffective-wr-coach-raih/

That kind of incompetence pisses me off.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sure both independent unnamed sources both used the same word "fraud" unprompted.

• Like 1