Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Leader said:
7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Don't think that's the type of leader we're looking for... The player is great, but the mouth probably keeps him off our radar. He did this in Houston too

Nope.
The player being great is all we want.
I couldnt care less if players are jabbering at each other. JAs doing it all the time.
Stay away from exceeding the personal foul limit - but talk it up all you want - so long as your play backs it up.

We need to be less "discerning" in our tastes. We need dynamic football players - not Mr. Manners.

Go take a look at Swearinger's history in the league so far. He is about to be on his 5th team in 6 years. I don't think his play is backing it up. 

JA does not criticize the coaching staff to the media and on twitter. The Packers way is clear and I don't think Swearinger is on the radar. The players is great like I said and if we signed him, hey we're changing some things up. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Go take a look at Swearinger's history in the league so far. He is about to be on his 5th team in 6 years. I don't think his play is backing it up. 

JA does not criticize the coaching staff to the media and on twitter. The Packers way is clear and I don't think Swearinger is on the radar. The players is great like I said and if we signed him, hey we're changing some things up. 

If this is correct then you pass. Its that simple. Do doctorates or philosophical dissertations necessary.
If not - and his "on the field" will win you games - there is nothing better for a competitive player than winning. 
I dont know this guys history other than "headhunting" hassles and he was at one time with the Bucs.
I can imagine stints on TB and WA would be trying to any players soul :)

1 minute ago, Leader said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If this is correct then you pass. Its that simple. Do doctorates or philosophical dissertations necessary.
If not - and his "on the field" will win you games - there is nothing better for a competitive player than winning. 
I dont know this guys history other than "headhunting" hassles and he was at one time with the Bucs.
I can imagine stints on TB and WA would be trying to any players soul :)

However it's not that simple. On field play is not the only barometer for an employee.

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

However it's not that simple. On field play is not the only barometer for an employee.

Again - then we as fans need to be less discerning on who we'll root for.
It actually is that simple. If this guys proven himself to be a bad apple - thats known far and wide in football circles. Circles neither you or I am part of.
If he's sent a tweet now and then - but played balls to the wall - I'm not gonna hold it against him cause its what he does on the football field that counts to me. 

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd absolutely claim him. He was one of the better safeties in the league, but he's got a mouth. Still, we have nothing going into next year at S.

I wasn’t aware of this. Considering Gutey’s position at the time I’d assume he liked swearenger’s skillset. We’ll soon see if he likes the behavior I guess.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Again - then we as fans need to be less discerning on who we'll root for.
It actually is that simple. If this guys proven himself to be a bad apple - thats known far and wide in football circles. Circles neither you or I am part of.
If he's sent a tweet now and then - but played balls to the wall - I'm not gonna hold it against him cause its what he does on the football field that counts to me. 

Then that's your prerogative. Would you have put a claim in for Reuben Foster? Where was your outrage over Kareem Hunt not being claimed?

Time to start making special teams more of a priority.  McCarthy never quite figured it out, and Ted never gave him much to work with at the bottom of the roster.

**For all the success former coach Mike McCarthy had, he was never able to shift the yearly special teams matchups in his favor. Only once in his 13 years did the Packers rank in the top 10 (2007) in Rick Gosselin’s special teams rankings and only two other times (’11 and ’12) did they rank in the top half of the league.

There were two 32nd finishes, one 31st and two 29ths.

McCarthy gets a bit of a break because then-general manager Ted Thompson refused to replenish openings on the roster with anybody but rookies, most of whom never played a lick of special teams since high school. It’s hard to succeed that way in the NFL.**

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/12/23/silverstein-packers-next-coach-must-fix-woeful-special-teams/2393214002/

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Then that's your prerogative. Would you have put a claim in for Reuben Foster? Where was your outrage over Kareem Hunt not being claimed?

We should grab K. Hunt.  Sign him to a contract that includes all the hoops you need to calm the masses.  Speaking engagements, donations of time and money. Obligatory therapy appointments.

47 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:
55 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

We should grab K. Hunt.  Sign him to a contract that includes all the hoops you need to calm the masses.  Speaking engagements, donations of time and money. Obligatory therapy appointments.

Sure. But you know, being one of the more conservative franchises, it's pretty damn unlikely. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

My goodness... there are different levels of infractions. Domestic violence is not even in the same zip code as calling people out in the media. Sheesh...

• Like 1