Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

It's a shame really, hallmark of the Packers FO for the past decade has been leaving a position group on the team completely devoid of proven talent. It's cost them SB's unfortunately. 

Patched up ILB and DL this year.  Have been on them about that forever.  Hey they did draft 3 WR's and added a FA in Watkins.  Not that they didn't try.  Too young there.  Damn the Badgers can you put up a little resistance?  Horrid showing tonight. 

• Like 1

On the bright side, at least we didn't draft Watkins at 5 overall. Like y'all are forgetting that Jameis has Olave not even trying to catch deep balls (even if the throws aren't perfect), we needed Julio on a manageable contract, but even that probably is a bad idea. We should have drafted for Receiver two to three years ago, knowing the situation with 17.

• Like 2

^^^ Yep, you get his replacement in the wings before his impending UFA status kicks in so he's ready to go if he leaves, if he stays, then great you've got two weapons and that is the current recipe to win. Problem is they did it with the wrong position that year, ironically enough.

10 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

On the bright side, at least we didn't draft Watkins at 5 overall. Like y'all are forgetting that Jameis has Olave not even trying to catch deep balls (even if the throws aren't perfect), we needed Julio on a manageable contract, but even that probably is a bad idea. We should have drafted for Receiver two to three years ago, knowing the situation with 17.

I do believe the plan was to draft Justin Jefferson and the Vikings grabbed him. Sometimes things don't work out.  

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Laces Out said:

It's a shame really, hallmark of the Packers FO for the past decade has been leaving a position group on the team completely devoid of proven talent. It's cost them SB's unfortunately. 

Find me a SINGLE franchise that doesn't have a positional group that is weak.  A single team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Find me a SINGLE franchise that doesn't have a positional group that is weak.  A single team.

They’d rather have 60 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions from Rodgers and no DL. Until we played a running team with a pass rush and defensive backs and we lose 45-17 in the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They’d rather have 60 touchdown passes and 2 interceptions from Rodgers and no DL. Until we played a running team with a pass rush and defensive backs and we lose 45-17 in the playoffs.

But ESPN said the Packers haven't drafted a first round WR in 20 years!!!!1111!

49 minutes ago, Striker said:

But ESPN said the Packers haven't drafted a first round WR in 20 years!!!!1111!

It throws me into fits of rage. Lol.

Like, **** this team, they’ve had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams as their #1 receivers over the years so clearly they need to start drafting receivers in the first round because what they’re doing isn’t working.

Sh*t happens. If both Watson and Watkins didn't go down, this conversation doesn't happen.

The REAL question of the day is let's see how MLF coaches this game. I want to see a creative game plan. Win or lose, I'd rather not die by the bubble screen and WR touch pass. Both of those play into the hands of the Bucs defense, and most defenses for that matter.

Edited by cannondale