Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 12/26/2018 at 4:26 PM, Leader said:

Kruse:

Aaron Rodgers has targeted Jimmy Graham in the red zone just once in the last 7 games. Only 9 targets the whole year, 2 TDs. Pairing was a total bust in 2018.

That happens when you can't get open.  Graham has  looked slow and extremely unathletic this year.  He's been a check down TE that is as bad of a blocker as you'll ever find at his position.  Combine that with bad, inconsistent hands and the result is a disastrous season.  Given the obvious lack of talent that we had at WR this year this should have been a year where he earned that ridiculous contract.  

Edited by SSG

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kruse:

Aaron Rodgers has targeted Jimmy Graham in the red zone just once in the last 7 games. Only 9 targets the whole year, 2 TDs. Pairing was a total bust in 2018.

One more on Sunday and that'll be $1 million per RZ target for Graham. Good deal for him.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

One more on Sunday and that'll be $1 million per RZ target for Graham. Good deal for him.

He cant throw himself the ball.
Now - if you accept SSG's comment that he cant get open - well, therein lies the "he aint worth it" discussion.
I guess I've not seen enough games or tape to support that conclusion however and not really interested in the discussion.

My post was made for statistical reasons. I found the number of targets low.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

That happens when you can't get open.  Graham has incredibly  looked slow and extremely unathletic this year.  He's been a check down TE that is as bad of a blocker as you'll ever find at his position.  Combine that with bad, inconsistent hands and the result is a disastrous season.  Given the obvious lack of talent that we had at WR this year this should have been a year where he earned that ridiculous contract.  

If you're waiting for a 6'7 260 player to run away from a DB you aren't playing QB well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

At least the Gute is doing what he can to try and improve the roster.  I take it we'll be players in free agency for a safety, but it will cost us.  Swearenger would have been a good get for 4.5 mil in 2019.

He’s insurance against a team jumping us in the draft and a bargaining chip in negotiations.