Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, YaddaHolla said:

Totally random thought here boys but do any of you think Ryan Clark has a future as an NFL exec? He’s the one of the only guys at ESPN even worth listening to and he knows he’s stuff.

The way John Lynch and Mike Mayock are being handed GM roles, I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Janis is a GM one day, so yes, he could maybe have a future at some level on a team. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I see two second round ILBs significantly higher than first round ILBs on that list.  ;) 

I'd be fine with a 2nd round ILB. Love it actually if the right guy is there. We need an impact player in the middle to pair with Martinez. I'd say hold out hope for Burks but the fact that he couldnt even beat out Morrison for snaps is scary af...

3 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Totally random thought here boys but do any of you think Ryan Clark has a future as an NFL exec? He’s the one of the only guys at ESPN even worth listening to and he knows he’s stuff.

I enjoy his breakdowns and analysis.  I think he'd make an excellent position coach to start out at if he wanted to.

On a side note, Louis Riddick is the only analyst who has called out John Elway for being the biggest problem in Denver and rightfully so.

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'd be fine with a 2nd round ILB. Love it actually if the right guy is there. We need an impact player in the middle to pair with Martinez. I'd say hold out hope for Burks but the fact that he couldnt even beat out Morrison for snaps is scary af...

Yeah, this kind of irked me this season. I swear I saw him starting against DET but then they pulled him...

At that point, they should have let the kid get some burn.

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

20 years ago today.....

Jerry Rice fumbled

Yeah but the whistle. I mean the guy was standing upright and not firmly in the grasp of any one tackler.
Guess it was the precursor to todays "defenseless player" rule. They were just trying it out.