Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

The other thing that came across strong to me from Rodgers on the Pat Show was that when talking about the story of Doubs saying that Rodgers didn't hang out with him, Rodgers went on to list the players he does hang out with and with the exception of Bakh they are all free agents: Cobb, Crosby, Lazard and Bobby T.

That's not news to any of us, but the fact that this is the second time he has listed off these players names, the fact that he picked them and no other players he might possibly hang out with, he is sending his message out again in his passive aggressive way. For me it already seems like he  knows from his conversations with the Packers that these boys ain't coming back. That coupled with his strong emphasis of how much he loves Nathaniel Hackett, and that he is one of his favourite coaches that he has worked with, it pretty much seems like the writing is on the wall.

This is a great point. How many players on the Jets does he know, and will he hang out with? This is going to be a problem anywhere he goes unless the acquiring teams brings his buddies along. 

Vegas makes sense and they need an OT so send Bak with him. That way he has his buddies to hang out with. 

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I don't think so. I don't think the defense would have rebounded the way it did last 5 weeks if he had lost the room. Would have been easy to pack it in when the team was 4-8. That didn't happen. Might have been close, but it didn't happen.  

My comment was half sarcastic.  It seemed like he was on the verge of losing it and then something turned around but I don't have much, if any, confidence in him and feel like it won't take much for him to lose it at this point.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This is a great point. How many players on the Jets does he know, and will he hang out with? This is going to be a problem anywhere he goes unless the acquiring teams brings his buddies along. 

Vegas makes sense and they need an OT so send Bak with him. That way he has his buddies to hang out with. 

Can Vegas withstand both of these big contracts?  Just curious...

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers said yesterday that Randall Cobb and David Bakhtiari live in Nashville now, and there have been rumors that Aaron is building a place there.  Maybe we can get a big package deal together and send all of the super friends to the Tennessee Titans.

47 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers said yesterday that Randall Cobb and David Bakhtiari live in Nashville now, and there have been rumors that Aaron is building a place there.  Maybe we can get a big package deal together and send all of the super friends to the Tennessee Titans.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

Can Vegas withstand both of these big contracts?  Just curious...

And they have room to sign lots more. 

Both year one cap hits are tiny by positional standards.

As one of the cap guys here, I want to reiterate for everyone - any QB needy team besides maybe the Saints has the cap space to obtain Rodgers and a lot more.

Edited by Sandy

3 hours ago, pgwingman said:

They need a LT bad. And to make extra cap space they'll probably cut existing slot guy Robert Woods, opening up space for Cobb. And a running team like them would make the most use of a blocker like Lazard.

I've been saying TEN for weeks. That team will be so good with a QB.

Lets not forget that before last year, with Tanny getting hurt and playing poorly and the absence of a capable backup QB, this team was the AFCs top seed in 2021.

11 minutes ago, Sandy said:

They need a LT bad. And to make extra cap space they'll probably cut existing slot guy Robert Woods, opening up space for Cobb. And a running team like them would make the most use of a blocker like Lazard.

I've been saying TEN for weeks. That team will be so good with a QB.

Lets not forget that before last year, with Tanny getting hurt and playing poorly and the absence of a capable backup QB, this team was the AFCs top seed in 2021.

I would actually root for this. I think the Titans are one of the best coached teams in the league. One of the least obnoxious fan bases in the league. Great city. I would actually root for Rodgers in this scenario.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Kolton Miller is a great LT?

5 hours ago, Leader said:

zach jacobson -    IMO the Packers can’t lose here. If they go with Jordan Love and he stinks? Pursue Caleb Williams next spring. If he’s great? There’s your quarterback for the next decade-plus.

The only problem is that at least 5 other teams will be pursuing Caleb Williams, so if JLove sucks, we need him to suck hard. 

6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Do we have any used field equipment we could shuffle off to them as well? I mean...while we're at it  :)

• Like 1