Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, Green19 said:

No one wants to be the bad guy… great.

I get wanting to be wanted, but it’s like what commitment does Rodgers need. He is technically under contract with GB, they did that deal. Granted I know all these deals are easily broken. But it’s like on some level they tied themselves together.

I have stated and will maintain… Rodgers doesn’t want to move on. He is comfortable. And he isn’t interested in “selling out for a championship”. He is playing out his career at this point. I’m sure GB sees this, but knows they can’t just push him out.

like Favre, I’m sure they are just hoping he retires. But given the ego that these hall of famers have (and rightfully so), Rodgers will want the team to be the bad guy.

Hopefully they agree to a mutual parting of the ways.  Aaron said he wasn't going to be difficult or bitter.

Paul Bretl -   Nothing is official, but the Packers are “expected” to hire Arizona CB Coach Greg Williams with Jerry Gray in Atlanta. In 2 of 4 years with AZ, the Cardinals secondary ranked top-10 in pass defense DVOA under Williams and DC Vance Joseph.

///

Not bad ranking......

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

why are people putting stock into Zach Kruse’s “sense?

I like him fine for what his coverage of the packers brings but he’s really no more connected to any Rodgers insight than any of us 

Who's "putting stock into it?"  It's another opinion. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

why are people putting stock into Zach Kruse’s “sense?

I like him fine for what his coverage of the packers brings but he’s really no more connected to any Rodgers insight than any of us 

Kruze is proof that you do not need anything but fandom and a platform to be an "insider".

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Those discussing and quoting it in the previous pages?

It's an opinion. You know....like 99% of every other post on this forum? People might talk about it.
You dont like the guy?  Okay....that's your opinion....and you've expressed it :) 

6 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Shout out to former Packers Head Coach Mike Sherman. Nothing came up regarding him today or anything. Just thought of him going after Warren Sapp.

I was surprised that he didn't have much success at Texas A&M.  That is a huge school, in the football state, and he had NFL pedigree.  

15 hours ago, Leader said:

I feel it is kind of this.

Both Packers and Rodgers passively want to get out of this relationship but no one wants to call the lawyers and start the divorce proceedings.

Packers want to retain the position 'we love you Aaron, we made our commitment to you Aaron and we want you.' However, at the same time the Packers are downgrading the house, the car, changing jobs e.g. getting rid of all things Rodgers likes and wants e.g Cobb, Lazard, Merc, Crosby etc

Simultaneously, 'the other woman', the Raiders, are flaunting their assets, a nice big house, a nice garage of cars and much more, which is exciting and tempting to Rodgers. Adam's, Waller, Jacob's, Renfrow etc that offence will look good.

This is all about the game of who appears to be the 'bad guy' in ending the relationship. And maybe the relationship continues just to save face, both accepting it ain't going to get any better but that we are tied together till death do us apart.

PackersWire  -  Brian Gutekunst and the Green Bay Packers are losing personnel executive Chad Brinker to the Tennessee Titans. According to Albert Breer of MMQB.com, the Titans are hiring Brinker as the team’s new assistant general manager under first-year general manager Ron Carthon.

Brinker spent 13 seasons with the Packers. His official title over the last two seasons was personnel/football administration executive. Before his promotion in 2021, Brinker was the assistant director of pro scouting/salary cap analyst. He also spent six seasons as a pro scout (2012-17).

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I feel it is kind of this.

Both Packers and Rodgers passively want to get out of this relationship but no one wants to call the lawyers and start the divorce proceedings.

Packers want to retain the position 'we love you Aaron, we made our commitment to you Aaron and we want you.' However, at the same time the Packers are downgrading the house, the car, changing jobs e.g. getting rid of all things Rodgers likes and wants e.g Cobb, Lazard, Merc, Crosby etc

Simultaneously, 'the other woman', the Raiders, are flaunting their assets, a nice big house, a nice garage of cars and much more, which is exciting and tempting to Rodgers. Adam's, Waller, Jacob's, Renfrow etc that offence will look good.

This is all about the game of who appears to be the 'bad guy' in ending the relationship. And maybe the relationship continues just to save face, both accepting it ain't going to get any better but that we are tied together till death do us apart.

Inertia. Old habits. A diminishing time window. Money.

Every path forward to an MVP season or a Super Bowl from ANY starting point is a moon shot for Aaron.

I’ve come to the same conclusion as you, Brit Pack. There isn’t enough bad blood to overturn their being tied together. There isn’t enough demand for Aaron to overturn their being tied together.

My continuing take is more gloomy, though. It IS a bad marriage and we won’t be bad enough next year to trigger the league’s parity benefits, nor will we be good enough to get back to the playoffs. And this isn’t Rodgers hate on my part. It’s our coaching staff that bites. 

Edited by Uffdaswede

14 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Inertia. Old habits. A diminishing time window. Money.

Every path forward to an MVP season or a Super Bowl from ANY starting point is a moon shot for Aaron.

I’ve come to the same conclusion as you, Brit Pack. There isn’t enough bad blood to overturn their being tied together.

My continuing take is more gloomy, though. It IS a bad marriage, and we won’t be bad enough next year to trigger the league’s parity benefits, nor will we be good enough to get back to the playoffs.

That is why it is paramount to throw Bak into the trade. It gives Rodgers comfort in LV with him and Adams. I'm fine with Aaron Jones going too. The Raiders could either bring Jacobs back and have a two headed monster or let him walk via free agency.