Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

54 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is why it is paramount to throw Bak into the trade. It gives Rodgers comfort in LV with him and Adams. I'm fine with Aaron Jones going too. The Raiders could either bring Jacobs back and have a two headed monster or let him walk via free agency. 

We're supposed to weaken our team so Rodgers feels comfortable elsewhere?? Hard pass.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're supposed to weaken our team so Rodgers feels comfortable elsewhere?? Hard pass.

If Love goes for 4,000, 35 and under 15, we’re right back to having an overpaid QB on our roster and no closer to a Super Bowl win.

Our team needs to be full of potential on offense, but unrealized until Love signs an extension that’s team friendly.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If Love goes for 4,000, 35 and under 15, we’re right back to having an overpaid QB on our roster and no closer to a Super Bowl win.

Our team needs to be full of potential on offense, but unrealized until Love signs an extension that’s team friendly.

So, do you take a chance and extend Love now? Risky, because if he pans out, he's going to want to restructure anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not a contender until Love has a year or two under his belt. Bak will be done by then. Tom will be just fine at LT. 

Love may not be upright by then. Best thing we can do for a first year starting QB is to give him an All-Pro LT.

The Raiders have Kolton Miller at LT, they don't need one. They need a QB and then the rest of their money shifts to defense to build a contender. 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not sure what your point has to do with trading Bakh, we don't really save any money, the Raiders would already give us picks, they aren't going to add enough picks to make trading anyone else worthwhile from our roster. Keep Bakh, keep Jones, give Love the best chance to show if he is or isn't the guy. 

If Love is off to a hot start like that, extend him by the bye week. 30-35m a year for a QB is the new "team friendly deal" make a majority of the bonuses roster bonuses that can convert to SB.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love may not be upright by then. Best thing we can do for a first year starting QB is to give him an All-Pro LT.

The Raiders have Kolton Miller at LT, they don't need one. They need a QB and then the rest of their money shifts to defense to build a contender. 

The Raiders need another T and Miller can move to RT. 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He played RT in college for a couple of years and I believe in his rookie year as well. 

This. The Raiders need four new Olinemen and if the trade package is nicer for us then it's the move to make. 

Trading Bakh may only save us $6m this season, but it clears a ton of room for next season. The Jets, Raiders and Titans all have huge needs on o-line. All will toss in an extra first rounder if he's included.

If they don't move Bakh with Rodgers it will be a huge wasted opportunity. I really like the linemen in this year's draft and we have Jenkins, Tom and Nijman to compete at LT even if we don't take an elite rookie in the first.

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This. The Raiders need four new Olinemen and if the trade package is nicer for us then it's the move to make. 

Trading Bakh may only save us $6m this season, but it clears a ton of room for next season. The Jets, Raiders and Titans all have huge needs on o-line. All will toss in an extra first rounder if he's included.

If they don't move Bakh with Rodgers it will be a huge wasted opportunity. I really like the linemen in this year's draft and we have Jenkins, Tom and Nijman to compete at LT even if we don't take an elite rookie in the first.

I don't see a team even considering adding the financial and draft pick burden to add both Rodgers and Bakh together. Maybe if both were in their 20s. Rodgers will be traded on his own, if it all. The combining two superstar deals that fans want never ever happens.

2 minutes ago, Sandy said:

As much as I love Bakh, this take has a lot of logic to it. Jenkins/Tom/Nijman can all play tackle. You have a few developmental guys in the pipeline. Someone like Skoronski could be the BPA pick if you stay at 15. 

If someone really wanted Bakh, I'd listen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

As much as I love Bakh, this take has a lot of logic to it. Jenkins/Tom/Nijman can all play tackle. You have a few developmental guys in the pipeline. Someone like Skoronski could be the BPA pick if you stay at 15. 

If someone really wanted Bakh, I'd listen.

That's 3 league average LT's you listed. 

If Rodgers is traded, next season isn't about W/L's, starting a rebuild or any of that other stuff. It's just about seeing what Jordan Love is. We are at a crossroads until we know the answer to that question. I'd rather have an elite LT and LG versus tossing that elite LG to LT and making him average, and adding a top 50 pick. Give Love the best chance to succeed. 

The two best OL's in the NFL are playing in the SB. Don't mess with that group, add to it. 

• Like 2