Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Only three on that list should get in: Peppers, Ngata, and Gates

I agree. Is Jordy really a HOFer?

He was certainly productive, and a Packer all timer. But a hall of famer?

Same with Brandon Marshall and Andrew Luck. Really good players for a few years, but I'm not sure they are impactful enough, for long enough, to be considered for Canton.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Same with Brandon Marshall and Andrew Luck. Really good players for a few years, but I'm not sure they are impactful enough, for long enough, to be considered for Canton.

Agree 100% with this. 

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That is sad! Hope all goes well! Hip replacement is not as long a recovery as knee replacement. Hope he's getting around soon. 

I was walking, with a cane, two days after my hip replacement.  Only used the cane for 2 days, then I was good to go.  The key is doing the PT and occupational therapy 2-3X a day.  For hips, they now go through the top of the hip (anterior) versus through your butt cheek (posterior).  Not much muscle to cut through on top, so recovery if faster.

His issue will be getting in and out of bed for a few days.  I needed this wire contraption that hooked my ankle so I could swing it out of the bed and then back into bed.  Outside of that?  Pretty quick and easy recovery.

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm going to blame Rodgers, rumor has it he did not want a left-handed center. Said the ball would spin differently and easy to fumble. 

*He didn't really say that I just made that up! 

Complete and utter BS.  And you know it.  Rodgers hates Creed, no way he listens to that music let alone wants it snapping a ball to him!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

None of those three guys even sniff the HOF in my mind.  That said, there are a few that I think are not deserving already in, so who knows.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

There's no planet where Nelson is a Hall of Famer. As you said, all-time Packer player but he's #89 (and falling) all time in receiving yards and he's behind a bunch of other equally or more deserving players who have yet to get in.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

Taylor Heinicke wants to be a Packer.  He'd be an excellent backup to Love.  He's talented enough to push him a little, but is definitely ideally suited for backup duty.  If Love is the guy we really don't know how well he will hold up physically.  Adding an experienced guy like Heinicke makes a ton of sense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/taylor-heinicke-sign-packers-washington-commanders-trade-aaron-rodgers

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Taylor Heinicke wants to be a Packer.  He'd be an excellent backup to Love.  He's talented enough to push him a little, but is definitely ideally suited for backup duty.  If Love is the guy we really don't know how well he will hold up physically.  Adding an experienced guy like Heinicke makes a ton of sense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/taylor-heinicke-sign-packers-washington-commanders-trade-aaron-rodgers

I'd take him if the price were right, which is no more than a few million a year. 

48 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Heinecke could be a decent starter in the league.  And his game is a little wreckless, like Favre's was.  I like him a lot.

But like other posts...I don't want to commit real money to a backup.  Up to $5M, sure.  But he should be worth at least double than that, probably even more.

So yeah, it makes sense...except if the financials get out of whack.  Which they should for him.  But I do very much like that player.