Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I think Gute has drafted well. We have not coached well and have not put in defensive game plans that play to the strengths of the players

Football is more about Jim and Joes, and less X's and O's.

We haven't drafted well or developed players often enough on defense.

Gute's good picks are Gary and Jaire.   Thats not enough.

39 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Football is more about Jim and Joes, and less X's and O's.

We haven't drafted well or developed players often enough on defense.

Gute's good picks are Gary and Jaire.   Thats not enough.

Cute saying but it's bull****. The first Minnesota  game compared to the second Minnesota game is one of thousands of examples that X's and O's (coaching) being very important. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Cute saying but it's bull****. The first Minnesota  game compared to the second Minnesota game is one of thousands of examples that X's and O's (coaching) being very important. 

Again, the meat of the post goes over your head.

The simple fact is that even though the Packers have invested a ton of draft resources on the defense the picks haven't panned out as needed.  We've let the offensive talent slide trying to get the defense good enough.  There haven't been enough draft hits to keep things going.

And yes, coaching matters.  The Packers leadership has been too slow to react to shortcomings with the coaching staff. 

9 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Again, the meat of the post goes over your head.

The simple fact is that even though the Packers have invested a ton of draft resources on the defense the picks haven't panned out as needed.  We've let the offensive talent slide trying to get the defense good enough.  There haven't been enough draft hits to keep things going.

And yes, coaching matters.  The Packers leadership has been too slow to react to shortcomings with the coaching staff. 

Oh, this has clearly gone over one of our heads, but it's not mine. Again, what the two Minnesota games prove is we have plenty of talent on defense. We have a coordinator who continually puts guys in positions to lose, rather than win. 

We dominated MN the second game defensively. We dominated at other points of the season on defense. We stunk for a great portion of the year because we were continually out schemed. Had nothing to do with the talent on the team. 

Stokes is a perfect example. Did he regress when he played or was he put in situations which did not play to his strengths? I'd argue the latter. 

Maybe it's too nuanced for you to understand. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Oh, this has clearly gone over one of our heads, but it's not mine. Again, what the two Minnesota games prove is we have plenty of talent on defense. We have a coordinator who continually puts guys in positions to lose, rather than win. 

We dominated MN the second game defensively. We dominated at other points of the season on defense. We stunk for a great portion of the year because we were continually out schemed. Had nothing to do with the talent on the team. 

Stokes is a perfect example. Did he regress when he played or was he put in situations which did not play to his strengths? I'd argue the latter. 

Maybe it's too nuanced for you to understand. 

You are a funny man.   You pick the one off game of the season and use it as the baseline.    No arguing with someone who bends reality in this way.

Do you actually think that a different DC would have yielded a season of games matching the 2nd Minnesota game?  The reality is that we have drafted poorly AND Barry is a bonehead of a coordinator.    Seems many people thinl simple solutions will answer everything.

Your response to these posts is consistent with someone who thinks changing out the HOF QB for Jordan Love will achieve a better record.   I'll give you that.

I'd suggest you look a little deeper into the team's problems and use a little more common sense and reality.

Barry sucks, but we still have a problem with the Jimmy and Joe's.   It isn't a simple fix.  Gute hasn't done a good enough job to keep the team competitive for the long run.   Draft failures are driving other moves that eat away at the cap.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

You two need to get a room.

You've both made your points. Multiple times. All you're doing now is beating each other up over them.

I am confident we are only a few posts away from one of them reconsidering their opinion, and acknowledging that the other was correct all along.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Nobody. Just freedom of expression. I think you two continually bitching at each other - for no other reason than to ***** at each other - is boring.

Boring.  From the guy who constantly posts the score to a game everyone is watching.

Your thoughts and opinions mean nothing.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Boring.  From the guy who constantly posts the score to a game everyone is watching.

Your thoughts and opinions mean nothing.

TBH at least that's useful for looking back at previous game posts for certain situations and the responses. 

He's right. Listening to this argument back and forth saying the same thing has gotten tiring.