Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I think our biggest lowlight of 2022 was failing in our last chance to score a win in the venue formerly known as Rich Stadium and Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The Packers knew very well it was their last chance to score their first, and what would have been their only, win in this venue. They also failed to win at the RCA Dome, going 0-3 there (and have yet to win at Lucas Oil Stadium with their next trip there being in 2028). They notably lost at the RCA Dome in 1997, in a game that the Colts had entered with a winless record and the Packers being the defending Super Bowl champions.

But the stars were not aligned in the Packers' favor entering that SNF game. Despite a 3-1 start, they entered the Buffalo game having lost three in a row, all to teams from the Northeast like the Bills. On the other hand, the Bills entered the game with a 5-1 record. Given all this, the Packers once again failed to secure their first ever win in Buffalo at any venue.

The Packers are the only team that existed in 1970 that have never won in Buffalo. Ironically, the Packers have won more NFL championships than any other team, while the Bills are infamous for losing 4 straight Super Bowls to start the 1990s, all four to NFC East teams, the first when Scott Norwood's game-winning field goal attempt sailed wide right, and the last two to the Cowboys.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jaire Alexander is the only Packer I want back on this team next year.

We need a complete and total makeover.

A complete culture reset.

The Alexander Attitude.

99% of this is the coaching staff, not the players. We have a passive coach who is proving to be pretty bad at hiring staff around him, and he's even worse at admitting his mistakes and moving on until it's a year too late. Add the fact that our OC and DC are a complete joke. Our defensive secondary players literally complained so much about Barry last year that Gray had to "distance himself" from Barry, lmao. Hard to have a winning culture when one side of the ball thinks their coach is a complete laughing stock. 

• Like 4

Someone in this forum suggested that during the last few years of TT's reign, he faced many health problems. I wonder what level of influence Gute had over the picks before being promoted in 2018. 

Look at the hits:

Fackrell, Burks - Not retained, but bounced around a few more years

Jenkins - home run hit

Dillion - "hit", but is still the 2nd RB on the depth chart as a second round pick, so not really a home run hit

Myers - Below average starter being outshined by Creed Humphrey (PFF's No. 1 ranked Center), taken right after him.

Watson - hit, but still early

I've been a staunch Gute defender for a while, but I'll admit this list gives me pause. One home run (two if you count Watson) in 6 years is not good enough for a draft and develop team.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Someone in this forum suggested that during the last few years of TT's reign, he faced many health problems. I wonder what level of influence Gute had over the picks before being promoted in 2018. 

Look at the hits:

Fackrell, Burks - Not retained, but bounced around a few more years

Jenkins - home run hit

Dillion - "hit", but is still the 2nd RB on the depth chart as a second round pick, so not really a home run hit

Myers - Below average starter being outshined by Creed Humphrey (PFF's No. 1 ranked Center), taken right after him.

Watson - hit, but still early

I've been a staunch Gute defender for a while, but I'll admit this list gives me pause. One home run (two if you count Watson) in 6 years is not good enough for a draft and develop team.

Ya know that list doesn't include all our first rounders, right?