Just a little food for thought.

Nick Collins is 35

Sam Shields is 31

Jermichael Finley is 31

BJ Raji Is 32

Jonathan Franklin is 29

Johnny Jolly is 35

Terrance Murphy is 36

All careers in Green Bay ended prematurely due to injury with the exception of Raji. Just think how much differently the last 5 years could of gone

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Interesting comments from Bakh.

"The one thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was, I guess it parallels with complacency, is accountability," Bakhtiari said. "For me, the thing that really grinded my gears was guys being late to the plane. No one holding other guys accountable or even fining them for being late."

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/complacency-unwavering-lack-of-accountability-plagued-packers-in-2018-305?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gotta wonder who it was and why they weren't held accountable.  Are we really thinking that the cheap contract guys fighting for their NFL career are going to consistently make that mistake? Or is it more likely that a richer contract veteran would hold up the plane? 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Gotta wonder who it was and why they weren't held accountable.  Are we really thinking that the cheap contract guys fighting for their NFL career are going to consistently make that mistake? Or is it more likely that a richer contract veteran would hold up the plane? 

No wonder our beloved Packers have been such a sh!t-show.  SMFH.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Interesting.

What confuses me on this one is that all we heard about after Thompson and McCarthy were let go was that they were too rigid. How everything had to be a certain way, now we're hearing that they actually let a lot go? Not sure what the deal is with that. 

Also thinking it was less the 28+ guys and the 25- guys, thinking it's that damn 2013-2016 draft class again. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Interesting.

What confuses me on this one is that all we heard about after Thompson and McCarthy were let go was that they were too rigid. How everything had to be a certain way, now we're hearing that they actually let a lot go? Not sure what the deal is with that. 

Also thinking it was less the 28+ guys and the 25- guys, thinking it's that damn 2013-2016 draft class again. 

Seems like a lot of there was just too many inconsistencies. Tough about one rule but didn’t enforce others, that just pulsates out as being a poor leader. Fair and consistent are two things that are way too often not considered when performance discipline is enacted

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Interesting.

We won't know if names aren't said.  The way it was worded it leads me to think that it happened multiple times with the same culprits.  But it may not have been.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

We begin 2019 by putting the 2018 Division winners a game in our rear view mirror. Starts the season off right and works for me.

I'd rather start with a soft-ball game given all the new changes and our propensity to play better as a team as the year goes on. Only positive I see with this is the Bears will have to deal with LaFleur's offense basically without any film other than generic preseason stuff. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd rather start with a soft-ball game given all the new changes and our propensity to play better as a team as the year goes on. Only positive I see with this is the Bears will have to deal with LaFleur's offense basically without any film other than generic preseason stuff. 

Points noted and no argument from me - but - in a sense, it feels like we've taken two years off. Time to get serious - starting with TC + PS. No more Club Med. Get ready for game one. The future starts right away.

Edited by Leader