Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

1. did we extend any of them? 

2. When they sign elsewhere are we able to get comp picks if the contract warrants it. Thinking Tonyan, Amos might get us one. 

3. If we didn't sign any of them, you can kiss Rodgers *** goodbye for sure. 

1. I've seen nothing reported so its unlikely

2. I don't believe void contracts get you compensatory picks

3. He wont be happy but it depends on what the conversations with Gute/MLF have been like as the Packers can still try to bring them back at some point

3 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

He wont be happy but it depends on what the conversations with Gute/MLF have been like as the Packers can still try to bring them back at some point

I think the plan is clear and Rodgers is fully aware. None of these guys are coming back.

It works for Gutey, not bringing these guys back helps move on aging players and also dissuades Rodgers from coming back. 

I think we'll hear this narrative unfold in the coming days or weeks that Green Bay is in a semi rebuild mode and it is best for both Rodgers and the Packers that they now part ways.

50 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Wow so GB didn't redo any of the void contracts at all? That seems somewhat surprising, looks like a lot of holes on the roster opened up

Yeah, there are holes, for sure.  This is our year of paying higher interest on the credit card we borrowed on.

Gonna have to grocery shop at Aldi.  Which, can be very, very good, both in the NFL and in real life.

For realsies....Aldi cut our food bill by more than half when we started going there.  

My wife was financially responsible enough to set aside the difference and bank it.  So we are using a lot of that money (but not all) to remodel our bathroom and master bedroom.

And I'm still fat, so the food has been just fine!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, there are holes, for sure.  This is our year of paying higher interest on the credit card we borrowed on.

Gonna have to grocery shop at Aldi.  Which, can be very, very good, both in the NFL and in real life.

For realsies....Aldi cut our food bill by more than half when we started going there.  

My wife was financially responsible enough to set aside the difference and bank it.  So we are using a lot of that money (but not all) to remodel our bathroom and master bedroom.

And I'm still fat, so the food has been just fine!

Somewhat related:

Psshh, and players say there's nothing to do in GB in the offseason.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Somewhat related:

Psshh, and players say there's nothing to do in GB in the offseason.

I wish we had a Hyvee around by me.  Not so much for the food, but they get some very, very good bourbons an do not mark them up from MSRP!  So, yet another reason to like Campbell.

7 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I think we'll hear this narrative unfold in the coming days or weeks that Green Bay is in a semi rebuild mode and it is best for both Rodgers and the Packers that they now part ways.

I certainly hope it doesnt take AR weeks more to decide what he wants to do with the rest of his life. These QB openings / potential trade partners aren't gonna stay open forever.

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Wow so GB didn't redo any of the void contracts at all? That seems somewhat surprising, looks like a lot of holes on the roster opened up

Doesn't mean a whole lot for the guys who just had a couple million. We still signed Campbell last season after his void year passed as well. 

Now for a guy like Amos who had close to $8m on his void year, that likely means he's gone. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Doesn't mean a whole lot for the guys who just had a couple million. We still signed Campbell last season after his void year passed as well. 

Now for a guy like Amos who had close to $8m on his void year, that likely means he's gone. 

Yeah that was my thought as well. If Amos could have been extended for less than his dead cap, so it probably says a lot about how much his play fell off this year.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Good call. I'd say it closes the book on Lowry too. 3m is a big chunk of existing dead change.

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Good call. I'd say it closes the book on Lowry too. 3m is a big chunk of existing dead change.

Yea, I'd be looking to bring back Reed over Lowry. Reed was underrated last season. I believe he finished 3rd on the team in total pressures. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, I'd be looking to bring back Reed over Lowry. Reed was underrated last season. I believe he finished 3rd on the team in total pressures. 

Very manageable existing dead hit too. A DL of Clark, Wyatt, Reed and Slaton would be good enough in my eyes.

Just now, Sandy said:

Very manageable existing dead hit too. A DL of Clark, Wyatt, Reed and Slaton would be good enough in my eyes.

Yea. Wyatt taking a dramatic step is going to be very key to our hope for defensive success in 2023. We need him to rise. 

• Like 2