Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, PackFan13 said:

Out of the job is much different than sweeping streets. He's got the longest leash in the NFL with no owner at the helm. I underestimated how long a leash he may get after realizing TT was at the helm for 13 ish years. Drafting multiple HOFs was a big part of that.

Gutes draft results are really underwhelming but he's made some good moves in the past. 

I hope he sticks to TT's second round WR and learns from his mistakes. I hope Love turns out great but he isn't good why the hell would we want to keep him around? 

A). I dont think Love's gonna bomb.
B). Love deserves TIME to take over the reins.
C). I dont expect Love to be AR level good - and we dont need him to be AR. We just need him to win games.
D). If Love bombs - we'll replace him - just like it's been done since the beginning of the league.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

:) Apologies....I forgot about your Gute hatred when commenting to PF13.

He can win me back if he gets a Wilson like return.  If not- He really blew it.  Put us through 3 years of drama with AR and wasted one of the biggest chips a GM could have.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Rodgers discussed how early on in his career how his habits changed because of Favre. One of those was doing interviews in the locker room. Meaning he saw stuff Favre did and didn’t like the opposite.

This might be one thing Love does early in his career. During his off-season workouts he gets the WRs and RBs to come out.

Brady - very late in his career - was working out at local Tampa HS fields with Buc WRs when preseason events were shut down due to COVID.

Part of my equation with AR is a feeling that he's no longer interested in putting the work in - or he hasnt been of recent.

Brady kept working at it till the end.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

He can win me back if he gets a Wilson like return.  If not- He really blew it.  Put us through 3 years of drama with AR and wasted one of the biggest chips a GM could have.

Listen....I'm not gonna get on ANOTHER extended Gute rant with you. I was fine with the drafting of Love - and for awhile at least - so was AR who claimed he didnt care because Love wasnt gonna beat him out.

Fine.

Unfortunately, that attitude changed and his "stance" against the organization became more profound and public - which was entirely counter productive to the overall team's success.

I'll be glad when he's somebody else's problem.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

A). I dont think Love's gonna bomb.
B). Love deserves TIME to take over the reins.
C). I dont expect Love to be AR level good - and we dont need him to be AR. We just need him to win games.
D). If Love bombs - we'll replace him - just like it's been done since the beginning of the league.  

Really insightful. I figured we'd be the first team ever to not start a QB if Love bombs. Gute hasn't drafted well enough to withstand Love not being the guy. Love has a few years to prove he's the guy as long as he doesn't completely bomb next year.  

Just now, PackFan13 said:

Really insightful. I figured we'd be the first team ever to not start a QB if Love bombs. Gute hasn't drafted well enough to withstand Love not being the guy. Love has a few years to prove he's the guy as long as he doesn't completely bomb next year.  

The team's record of success speaks for itself. That didnt happen by........happenstance.

We're done here. Have a nice day.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I know when I think about respected NFL journalists, Joe Arrigo is right at the top of the list.

I miss those old training camp stories. He had a few nuggets here and there but then he went a bit off the rails. With that said hopefully Love is working with his players he'll need to. 

• Like 1