Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't get bringing Jordy into a conversation regarding a kicker....  But if your premise is that we move on from older dude, I totally get it.

And again....I'd rather GB draft a kicker, too.  And then hedge their bet by also signing a UDFA kicker or two.

But, if they do hang onto Crosby, you can get endzone kickoffs by punters.  It happens enough in the NFL.  And usually in situations like this when the kicker either doesn't have the leg anymore or he's dinged up and just can't do it.

It's just this....snappers and holders.  They have a lot to do with the success of that unit.  Crosby had a terrible year with a slow snapper and a poor holder.  Last year he was good with an okay snapper and very good holder.  It is no coincidence. 

Fair enough Vegas we're on the same page. I brought Jordy in maybe more so regards to another poster too. I totally agree and we're thinking the same as far as the draft. The unit maybe had some issues, i thought he was ok that year, but i didn't watch enough of the unit to really say. And a good punter sure if he can bang it great. LIke you said draft a kicker, time to purge the roster and reboot this unit. New QB, bright future hopefully. But gotta get the line of credit straight too:). 

Good comments. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

True but when do you move on? After Love shows us he's the man and then we have to train up a new kicker, if you're burning it down do it now me thinks. Let the kid grow just like Crosby did back when we turned over the team to AR. I don't hate on Crosby myself he's been great even with his down turns, but at some point the future has to come. My own thought is do it this year on a throw away year. I mean reminds me of AR's first year same type of thing. 

sorry to jump in Thrill I did not bring up detroit, i woudl have brough up the bengals game;). But same thing. 

I guess that ultimately comes down to Rich, MLF and Gute and what they want to do.  Extend him another year to a modest deal  if they think he’ll be solid.  If there’s a kicker they have an eye on Day 3, maybe this is the year to grab one like you said.  But unless there’s a FA kicker they’re certain will be an upgrade, I doubt they want to go dumpster diving through the pool of kickers who can’t stick to a team for long.

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I guess that ultimately comes down to Rich, MLF and Gute and what they want to do.  Extend him another year to a modest deal  if they think he’ll be solid.  If there’s a kicker they have an eye on Day 3, maybe this is the year to grab one like you said.  But unless there’s a FA kicker they’re certain will be an upgrade, I doubt they want to go dumpster diving through the pool of kickers who can’t stick to a team for long.

Yep, agreed, it's gotta make sense. Stay out of hte dumpster for a kicker. 6 or 7 maybe if we accumulate a few extra picks or a good FA option. My guess is very late rounder from a colder kicking climate. Big legged kid. 

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Yep, agreed, it's gotta make sense. Stay out of hte dumpster for a kicker. 6 or 7 maybe if we accumulate a few extra picks or a good FA option. My guess is very late rounder from a colder kicking climate. Big legged kid. 

You are describing Jake Moody from Michigan.  Totally on board with him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But then I would have to admit that I was wrong for giving Crosby all of the money...  That isn't going to happen...  Can you also wear number 2?

Frick that I"m sure i have a large piece of paper somewhere that says i own something in GB too. Dam you Dave I have to go look for it now. But if we both own the same thing how do i over rule you:). That's it i want a trade. 

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Frick that I"m sure i have a large piece of paper somewhere that says i own something in GB too. Dam you Dave I have to go look for it now. But if we both own the same thing how do i over rule you:). That's it i want a trade. 

I am trading you to the Cowboys for the McCarthy masseuse job, for a second round masseuse and a masseuse to be named later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You are describing Jake Moody from Michigan.  Totally on board with him.

Dam if I watched 1 college game this year:). I have 4 kidlets at home i get 3 hours a week to watch Packer football that's it hahaha. i'll take your word for it though Vegas i know you have a good eye for these things. A few other MI players have fared well in GB:). 

• Like 1