Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Reading there.....

A) kills brain cells

B)  makes me feel intelligent 

We aren't amazing or anything but that drivel is born PURELY out of ESPN and everyone crying OMG GIVE AAROONNN HIS WEEEEEEPPPONNNZZZZ and nothing else.

Like they went on about MVS isn't that good, but he was a 5th rounder. Doubs hasn't done enough, but if he was the pick of their team in that spot last year they wouldn't talk the same at all. 

There's just way too many of us on this website and too many of us have annoyed the piss out of ppl over the years so I swear they just go out of their way to be annoying and stupid.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

"The Packers are possibly the dumbest team in the NFL regarding WR value/evaluation so I take that with a grain of salt."

lol holy **** the gen is ******* stupid.

Wait... What? 🤣

I mean, if they said TE, I would be all on board.  But WR? Do they watch the NFL?

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Wait... What? 🤣

I mean, if they said TE, I would be all on board.  But WR? Do they watch the NFL?

Who knows. I still maintain it's half trolling GB fans and/or the Aaron has no help thing ESPN has done for a decade that just finally became sort of true.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've always figured if it got this far the Packers would pay Rodgers 30 mil to go away.  He might not agree to that.  Open QB competition would be the next step.  They could try to deal him to a bad team for peanuts, but it's no guarantee that anyone would take him on .. even it was for a song.  Let's just get it worked out with Jets for a fair deal.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

I think everybody knows Rodgers wants his money. He's always wanted to be the highest paid at hsi position. I don't fault him for that. I fault Gute for extending him when he had two years left on his deal knowing they wanted Love to take over this year. 

I do believe that 60 million is structured as bonus money and can be spread out over 3 years. 

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think everybody knows Rodgers wants his money. He's always wanted to be the highest paid at hsi position. I don't fault him for that. I fault Gute for extending him when he had two years left on his deal knowing they wanted Love to take over this year. 

I do believe that 60 million is structured as bonus money and can be spread out over 3 years. 

I dont agree with your assessment. I think last years effort was a major contributor to the FO deciding to move on.

IF AR had balled out last year and wanted to come back.....you still think they'd have moved on?

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think that is the best way to do it ... eat it all in '23, and then own no more in regards to Rodgers after that.   Hopefully the Packers complete that deal soon.  

I think this is what's going to happen. All the stupid fan posturing is just a waste of time. The teams are probably pretty close to the deal being completed already with maybe slight hiccups but I've said since this whole thing turned into a circus that if one team was currently trying to screw the other team there would be leaks galore. Instead you see mostly silence from both sides and just some wild speculation which makes me assume they are on the same page. 

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

lol bye T-rex 

Goodbye GIF

A few too many players are piping up with somewhat negative takes on the way things are run in GB. The results of that survey a few weeks back are assuring......these player comments are not.