Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I said 9-14 ;)

Got em at 11 wins after seeing our schedule.  Only really tough team is KC and we got them at home.  Really haven't had a schedule this easy in a long time.  Playing a lot of bad teams.  Atlanta, New Orleans, Rams, Broncos, Raiders, Bucs.  Bottom of the barrel.   Packers are going to surprise.  Love will at least be as good as 2022 Rodgers.  Think they may make it to the divisional round.  In a cap crunch year that's pretty damn good.  As far as the division title it will be either us or Det.  Home wildcard round we'll win.  If on the road probably lose.  Pretty much what I'm looking at for 2023.  This team won't suck. 

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Got em at 11 wins after seeing our schedule.  Only really tough team is KC and we got them at home.  Really haven't had a schedule this easy in a long time.  Playing a lot of bad teams.  Atlanta, New Orleans, Rams, Broncos, Raiders, Bucs.  Bottom of the barrel.   Packers are going to surprise.  Love will at least be as good as 2022 Rodgers.  Think they may make it to the divisional round.  In a cap crunch year that's pretty damn good.  As far as the division title it will be either us or Det.  Home wildcard round we'll win.  If on the road probably lose.  Pretty much what I'm looking at for 2023.  This team won't suck. 

I agree - NFC South? All those teams are beatable. NFC North? All of them are beatable, but division foes and GB being in a bit of a reload makes me thing 4-2 is doable, maybe 3-3. AFC West? GB would have to be on top form (and KC have an off day) to win. SD has talent but is beatable. Den was a mess but it's a bit of an unknown if Payton can whip them into shape. LVR are a mess. Even if GB does 1-3 there, it's out of conference. Rams? Trainwreck. Giants? They were competing with Vikes for "biggest fraud" last season but I think Daboll is a really good coach. Pitt? Similar situation to GB. 

So lets put it at 9-5 with 3 coin flip games (SD, Giants, Pitt)...maybe 9-4 with Den as another coin flip, so if those end up 2-2 that's 11-6. 

I'd be happy with that. 

Anyone see this from Bakh? Like yeah our social isn't as avant garde as some of the other teams like the Chargers, but really don't know why the highest paid guy in the org needs to rip on the Packers comms team out in public like this. These people are just doing their jobs. The fact that he kept going in on it feels pretty cringey, IMO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Anyone see this from Bakh? Like yeah our social isn't as avant garde as some of the other teams like the Chargers, but really don't know why the highest paid guy in the org needs to rip on the Packers comms team out in public like this. These people are just doing their jobs. The fact that he kept going in on it feels pretty cringey, IMO.

I think it's a joke. . . I think.

EDIT: Nope. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

5 hours ago, Lodestar said:

It's never a good look to see a multi millionaire ripping on some working class stiff. 

I REALLY hope we don't have an attitude problem from Bakh this year. If he shows up out of shape, it's going to be a nightmare season. 

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's never a good look to see a multi millionaire ripping on some working class stiff. 

I REALLY hope we don't have an attitude problem from Bakh this year. If he shows up out of shape, it's going to be a nightmare season. 

I think we already have a nightmare with him. He's trashing the organization and would clearly like out of Green Bay. He's butthurt we didn't bring Rodgers back and is not handling it well.

Might be time to seek a trade partner post June 1. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I think we already have a nightmare with him. He's trashing the organization and would clearly like out of Green Bay. He's butthurt we didn't bring Rodgers back and is not handling it well.

Might be time to seek a trade partner post June 1. 

I greatly fear that you're correct

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I greatly fear that you're correct

He's still got pretty darn good value. Would it be nice to have him protecting Love's blindside this year? Yes, with a caveat. That he is giving the best version of himself available. Not sure that will be the case. 

Trade him to the Jets, seemingly doing him a solid. We now get their 1st and 2nd no strings attached in 2024. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Our social media content is booty cheeks. Sure it won't change anything, but hopefully some more publicity on how entirely lame they are will improve our content. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our social media content is booty cheeks. Sure it won't change anything, but hopefully some more publicity on how entirely lame they are will improve our content. 

Yep our social media is terrible. Hoping for the same.

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Doesn't matter who is playing WR if he doesn't get his eyes right in the pocket. He will still be a 1 read and run quarterback. Those don't last long. Even Lamar Jackson has been breaking down due to all the shots he's taken over the years. 

I feel like his pulling and running was due to his very poor OL and not so good WR's.  It was a combo thing.

Now he has a better line and much better WR's.

If he can't stand in the pocket now and go through a progression, there's no one left who drafted him that will stick by him much longer.

For the record?  I think he can do it.  I think he has a very high ceiling as an NFL quarterback.  But he was shellshocked as a rookie and second year player due to a poor OL.  He came from Ohio State where he had more talent on every level than most every team he played against.  That is not the case now and he has to learn how to do more with less.

And if he can't?  He won't last long in Chicago.  Because you are right.  QB's who just want to run when the first option isn't open do not last long.  It's a passing league and legs certainly help, but you gotta make the throws from the pocket in order to have longevity.

So I can't tell what that whole Bakh, Twitter thing is all about from the posts here.  And I'm not on social media.

Can someone please give me a quick summation of what is going on?

And...with how he re-did his contract, can we afford to trade him?  I don't know how the Jets can fit him on their roster AND still pay Q Williams what he wants.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

So I can't tell what that whole Bakh, Twitter thing is all about from the posts here.  And I'm not on social media.

And...with how he re-did his contract, can we afford to trade him?  I don't know how the Jets can fit him on their roster AND still pay Q Williams what he wants.

It's trendy for all the teams to do a schedule release video now. He basically was commenting on ours and saying it was lame. 

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

If I’m reading it right, it’s just a bunch of nitpickers arguing about dumb ****. Each team did a “schedule release” video. Some were well produced and clever. The Pack’s was neither. It’s pretty meaningless but Bak doesn’t need to weigh in publicly against his team’s pr dept. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

If I’m reading it right, it’s just a bunch of nitpickers arguing about dumb ****. Each team did a “schedule release” video. Some were well produced and clever. The Pack’s was neither. It’s pretty meaningless but Bak doesn’t need to weigh in publicly against his team’s pr dept. 

Honestly, if our VP of communications is posting "suck it" gifs about a rival college he went to 20+ years ago, he deserves criticism for his media content decisions.

Edited by incognito_man