Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah, MLF seems kinda low....but I'm figuring he's suffering from the HOF QB malaise. The perception that none of the good things to happen in GB during his tenure are because of him.

Yet Andy Reid is number 1? And last I check… he has only won 2 super bowls because of a HOF QB.

And before anyone mentions well he coached him into that…. Then I agree with RT, if that’s the standard McCarthy is criminally low. Plus let’s not forget Rodgers was playing poor the twilight of McCarthy’s years. One has a very good argument that LaFleur got Rodgers back to MVP levels.

On 5/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, Green19 said:

The biggest thing is to see if the offense last year was more a product of the baggage Rodgers brings and being structured in what he wants to run.

Or if that structure is also a LaFluer issue too.

My hope is this offense will be “fresher” because it can be coach driven and love has to run the offense… more than the offense going thru a HOF QB filter.

Like Rodger didn’t really like motion. He never really used the middle of the field. Etc.

I think that alone will get this offense on track. 

I’m just glad we won’t be calling hike with  0.1 sec on the play clock allowing the defense to jump the snap perfectly 90% of the plays…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

I’m just glad we won’t be calling hike with  0.1 sec on the play clock allowing the defense to jump the snap perfectly 90% of the plays…

For real real, does this work? The players on the DL don't have a HUD with the play clock in their face like we do watching on TV.

I would legit like insight into this from some players or something to see if it works that much.

IDC about snapping at one that much, not as much as the wasted TOs all the damn time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

That is not a thing. 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

That is not a thing. 

lol, we agree too often. I've talked about this in the GDT a million times. I just do not think it can help that much. But if I was proven wrong, so be it. It just has never jived in my mind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

according to Bears fans, he probably never gets set, and grabs ahold of their players before the snap

Nothing to do with this exactly but I booted up an old Madden the other day and I jumped way early on D and like instasacked the QB. And no flag or anything, that's when I remembered you could turn off sides of lol. I was a cheating SOB back then I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nothing to do with this exactly but I booted up an old Madden the other day and I jumped way early on D and like instasacked the QB. And no flag or anything, that's when I remembered you could turn off sides of lol. I was a cheating SOB back then I guess.

First time I rented Blitz, all I did was fight.  Jump off sides and then powerbomb the running back.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

First time I rented Blitz, all I did was fight.  Jump off sides and then powerbomb the running back.  

Blitz is the king. I might need to boot that up tonight now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norm said:

For real real, does this work? The players on the DL don't have a HUD with the play clock in their face like we do watching on TV.

I would legit like insight into this from some players or something to see if it works that much.

IDC about snapping at one that much, not as much as the wasted TOs all the damn time.

I don't think there is any major downside in running the clock down (as long as you don't use a time out of course) - assuming Rodgers was actually doing something useful during that time in terms of adjusting the line and so on. 

The frustrating thing we didn't just snap it on 5 occasionally say once a game.  If the defence expects you to run it down then an early snap very occasionally should give you an advantage and catch them off-guard.  If nothing else it will put them on edge for longer when you are running it down which supposedly tires the defence.

Its like when you send the offence out purely to draw an offside as time ticks down before the end of the quarter. We know they aren't running a play, the defence know we aren't running a play, the fans know we aren't running a play so the defence is just trying not to jump. That's the time when you do want to snap it.

• Like 2