Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Aaron Rodgers is a chode.

He's definitely got issues. He just can't let that we drafted Love go. He'll be like Scottie Pippen, who is still trashing Jordan after all these years. 

Rodgers also referred to himself as 'the greatest player in Packer history!" Anybody with any humility realizes that is for others to decide. 

Edited by Old Guy

Rodgers said he entered the darkness retreat thinking he would retire but emerged feeling good about either retiring or continuing to play. He contacted Dunn, who told Rodgers the Packers had been shopping him. Rodgers then told Dunn to tell Gutekunst he wanted to be traded to the Jets. He didn’t have much else to say to the GM.

“Did Brian text me more than I texted him? Yeah, but did I ghost him? No,” Rodgers said. “I texted him back. There was back-and-forths that we had and so this is the story you wanna go with? You’re gonna stand on this hill of austerity and say that arguably in the conversation of the best player in your franchise history, you’re gonna say I couldn’t get a hold of him and that’s why we had to move on?

“Like, c’mon man. Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on. You didn’t like the fact that we didn’t communicate all the time. Like, listen, I talk to the people that I like.”

I see Rodgers is still claiming someone making 60 million in a calendar year can’t get good cell service and needs to be FaceTime with… in the Lord’s year 2023.

I wonder if he asked for only brown M&Ms in a bowl in his locker. But they it couldn’t be custom order to just be that way… that GB had to get some intern to go to the store… buy a regular bag and sort the M&Ms. I mean at this point why not right?

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

GM AR........not so much.

I curious if the article changed your view of Gute, MLF, or MM.

It seems clear to me now that all the confusing moves (Rodgers massive extension, for example) are largely the result of all the front office trying to keep peace. 

TautImpartialAustraliancattledog-size_re

There isn’t a single person on this planet who believes that Rodgers was actually leaning towards retirement lol.  Everyone knew that he was coming for that check and we all get it.  Just stop with the BS pontificating already lol. 

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

It seems clear to me now that all the confusing moves (Rodgers massive extension, for example) are largely the result of all the front office trying to keep peace. 

Was MM even mentioned in the article? If so, I dont recall it....and MLF was mentioned sparingly. No. The article didnt change my opinion of the major players.

The funny thing is that players have their potential replacements drafted *every year* (so to speak..) and do you hear them throw fits about it? No.

I remain convinced that if AR had simply kept his nose to the grindstone - NOT - bankrupted the teams cap situation/future - and played it out - they'd have stuck with him.

But that didnt happen....so he's gone....to a team that's publicly stated that "ARs in charge" - so he's happier than a pig in ****.

Hope if Love becomes a franchise QB for GB that he is in the mold of Brady or Mahomes… trying to find a balance between getting paid but taking a deal that helps the team long term, not just clearing cap space one year and pushing it to the next.

A lot of this just reads about money… and just like the complaining on behalf of Adams. They offered less than Christian Kirk got!!!! Well yeah… last I check jags didn’t have huge contracts. And some bad teams need to over spend to get guys.

Wonder if Adams would take alittle less now if it meant not being in a s show with the raiders and their QB.

31 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Without the COVID year stunting Love's growth, I think Rodgers would have been moved b4 that contract. He had the Packers by the balls, and he knew it. 

I don't see the Jets tenure having a happy ending for Rodgers. May make the playoffs but will get bounced when the offense doesn't show up. 

Edited by Old Guy

Best Rodgers quote in the article when talking about Brian and their lack of communication during the off-season:

“Like, c’mon man. Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on. You didn’t like the fact that we didn’t communicate all the time. Like, listen, I talk to the people that I like.”

Funny that the bold would be said by Rodgers… didn’t Rodgers want communication? It sounds like all parties had their minds made up. Not just GB.

Also funny Rodgers is talking about “tell the truth” when he plays funny little word games to confuse people, etc. Just be truthful too, you’re pissed any person in GB could see and imagine a day without you as QB. And that you didn’t get to control your exit. 

I do appreciate the unintended humor of Mr "I'm Immunized" lecturing others on just telling the truth.  Rodgers lives in his own little world, but if the Jets can cater to his whims for the next year or two, there is nothing that makes me think they can't win a SB with him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Best Rodgers quote in the article when talking about Brian and their lack of communication during the off-season:

Funny that the bold would be said by Rodgers… didn’t Rodgers want communication? It sounds like all parties had their minds made up. Not just GB.

Also funny Rodgers is talking about “tell the truth” when he plays funny little word games to confuse people, etc. Just be truthful too, you’re pissed any person in GB could see and imagine a day without you as QB. And that you didn’t get to control your exit. 

Rodgers I believe is telling the truth, his truth, that just doesn’t lineup with others’ truths. 

Most of us learned as kids that if you don’t give your (parents, teachers, friends) a direct answer and keep giving inconsistent and non committal answers, that the decision will be made for you…