Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Another Packer offseason, another need for cornerback depth/reliable starters.  A repeat of 2017 (when Matthews was getting pressure in 2 seconds) and our corners couldn't cover is not going to be fun. 

I'm officially okay with Byron Murphy or Greedy Williams 12th overall. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Another Packer offseason, another need for cornerback depth/reliable starters.  A repeat of 2017 (when Matthews was getting pressure in 2 seconds) and our corners couldn't cover is not going to be fun. 

I'm officially okay with Byron Murphy or Greedy Williams 12th overall. 

calm down hahaha

Andy Herman: Breeland officially gone. Should have been assumed when Amos said he had the choice of jersey 26. Cap number will be interesting. I know some may be upset but PFF, McGinn, and I all had less than flattering grades on him from a season ago. GB will be ok moving on!

Just now, JBURGE said:

calm down hahaha

Can't do it.  We've got Bubble Boy, zonely and an undrafted pipe dream after Jaire Alexander and I cannot for the life of me understand how, in a passing league, people want us to go after an ILB when our corner position has been abysmal at best going on four years now.  I know I'm being drastic, but four years with health concerns and lack of talent at a particularly and wildly important position just gets me all melodramatic.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Only thing I can think of is that he's betting on himself. He's our 3rd best CB with a chance to be #4 if Jackson takes a jump. He's #1 or 2 in KC.

Pretty much.  The Packers aren't going to lockdown the position when they've invested so many picks into the position.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Only thing I can think of is that he's betting on himself. He's our 3rd best CB with a chance to be #4 if Jackson takes a jump. He's #1 or 2 in KC.

He better quit getting hurt or else he's gonna run out of career to make that bet pay off.