Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Jason Wilde‏:

In his chat with Paul Kuharsky, Packers coach Matt LaFleur says the coaches have been playing some pickup hoops at Lambeau at night.
Is he a baller? "I can hold my own. We play a lot of knockout. ... It's a good chance to see how competitive guys are, too."

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

This morning I had a dream that I was a fly on the wall to the start of Mike McCarthy's tenure as head coach at Ole Miss, of all places. 

Not sure if this qualifies, but if MM ends up at Mississippi, I want to be able to claim that was subconscious was all over that. 

The thought of McCarthy recruiting cracks me up to no end

• Like 3

Aaron Nagler: "Did the Packers overspend in free agency?" Yes, that's what bad teams have to do and the Packers have been a bad team. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

tippet523:  It is the price you pay for two bad draft years

Aaron Nagler: Has been much more than just bad drafts. Coaching. Players. Personnel. Executives. All levels of the organization have contributed to the sub-standard product on the field the least couple of years.

AcmePacking:  As usual, the team has three weeks of Organized Team Activities in May, along with a rookie orientation camp sometime shortly after the draft (that date has not yet been formally announced). However, the new hire also comes with one added benefit: a voluntary veteran Minicamp, which will be held in the days leading up to the 2019 Nfl Draft.

• Workouts begin April 8th
  • Voluntary Minicamp: April 23-25
  • Rookie Orientation Camp: TBA
  • OTAs: May 20, 21,23; May 28, 29, 31; June 3-6
  • Mandatory Minicamp: June 11-13