Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On one hand I’m interested to learn what Demovsky has to say about his interview with MM.  On the other hand, I fear this is gonna create more drama and negativity around the organization, which just creates a distraction to the mission at hand - moving on from the damn past.  

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

On one hand I’m interested to learn what Demovsky has to say about his interview with MM.  On the other hand, I fear this is gonna create more drama and negativity around the organization, which just creates a distraction to the mission at hand - moving on from the damn past.  

Personally i have no intesest in hearing Mac cry about being fired or to even hear him speak in general. He has his ring, he has his street sign, now he can fade away which I imagine he will. Pass.

• Like 2

MM was / is a good coach and guided our team through a very successful time in our history. As Packer fans, we certainly did suffer eh? The amount of sniping / b******* about him is odd IMO and anybody who thinks he's gonna trash GB or the GBPs has been spending too much time on social media. I value his contribution to the team and wish him well. No reason to think otherwise in my mind.

Even McCarthy seems to realize that both sides needed a change.  His wife was apparently relieved when he was let go, as she could see the pressure of the job was taking a big toll on him.  In a way I hope he doesn't return to the game and goes on to have a good healthy life.  PFT has several stories this morning about it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/03/mike-mccarthy-didnt-see-firing-coming/

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Eh, didnt' really have much drama or anything like that. The headline had the attention getter.

My takeaway, he dosen't like Mark Murphy and how he handled it. Maybe Murphy didn't do it the right way. Then again, i wonder how many players/coaches MM canned really appreciate how they were let go. That situation is never going to be easy.

He still loves the Green Bay Packers, football, Rodgers, and wants to coach again. I hope he does. But I fear he still may have the problem of being overly loyal. He perceived what Murphy did to him as wrong, but Murphy saw someone wasn't doing their job for an extended period of time and he went in and took care of it. That's something MM refused to do with Capers/Slocum/Zook and it was one of the big reasons why he was fired.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26415173/inside-mike-mccarthy-split-packers-next-him

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is gonna be good. 

Knowing McCarthy the posted snippets were the spiciest parts of the articles, but I'm kinda hoping he fires away, just for the sake of entertainment.

Was by far the only spicy part ha. Mac is too good of a guy to throw anyone under the bus. The headline is like the trailer for a comedy flick that shows a hilarious joke and then you see the movie and that's the only funny part in the whole thing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Was by far the only spicy part ha. Mac is too good of a guy to throw anyone under the bus. The headline is like the trailer for a comedy flick that shows a hilarious joke and then you see the movie and that's the only funny part in the whole thing.

Holmes & Watson

• Like 1

He comes off as a very arrogant and bitter man to me. Now, I am not saying that he shouldn't be bitter. The situation wasn't handled the best it sounds like, and McCarthy should be able to process it and deal with it and go through the stages of grief like anyone else. But the fact he says he didn't see it coming and disagreed with Murphy comments on why a change needed to be made, shows how out of touch with reality he was. He claims accountability was never the issue, yet his former assistants and players have stated differently. Right there shows you he lost his locker room. And I think that's where the complacency comment comes into play. I don't think Murphy was ever trying to speak negatively about MM's work ethic. But he was trying to say MM stopped delegating as much. He tried to do too much and because of this I think some of his assistants became complacent with letting MM handle things that a HC typically doesn't. I think this had a trickle down effect on the players. The finer details were being missed because of MM's controlling nature. I think this is also why you see MM's assistant failing to get HC jobs (Philbin excluded). MM was just trying to do too much. I also will admit that this is just my assumption based on what I have seen and read. I could be wrong and maybe Murphy really did get the reasons wrong. But I don't think MM helped disprove what Murphy was saying. I think he just showed Murphy was correct and if anything, he should have made the move at the end or the prior season.

I will always respect and admire MM for bringing a championship to Green Bay. I appreciate his time here and wish him the best. I hope he uses his time off to self scout and correct his mistakes.

Have to say... was disappointed with how little there was in the article. But, it’s by design. I don’t think McCarthy has it in him to put the organization on blast and air dirty laundry. I think his view of himself is too important, and he cares about being a professional.

i know Rob wouldnt of even gotten the interview if he was going to grill McCarthy, I mean he invites him into his house. But I wish these items were discussed or pushed more.

1. Ted’s final years as GM and what that did for him as a head coach. We all know stuff was going on... but they have only been whispers and stories. I want some in depth discussion.

2. The accountability comment... press him about it. It bothered him yet your franchise LT and a team leader said it. Others hinted to it. I think it has more to do with coaches pulling the best players back to help the young lesser talent... rather then just saying if you cant hang you can’t play.

The comment about Rodgers wanting to go go go... while McCarthy was focus on all 11 was interesting.

Last thought... kudos to McCarthy. I don’t know how often he has been given the chance to blast Aaron and maybe has secretly wanted to, but he never does. He never says anything unsavory about him at all. That’s rare, hope Rodgers appreciates it.

Edited by Green19

I just wish Rodgers would call McCarthy fat or something to give McCarthy a chance to unleash and say what he really wants to say.

This really isn't a good look for McCarthy though.  I really can't remember any fired head coach doing anything like this.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wish Rodgers would call McCarthy fat or something to give McCarthy a chance to unleash and say what he really wants to say.

This really isn't a good look for McCarthy though.  I really can't remember any fired head coach doing anything like this.

I guess most high profile head coaches who are fired usually have another job. Mike is bored