Random Packer News & Notes

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wish Rodgers would call McCarthy fat or something to give McCarthy a chance to unleash and say what he really wants to say.

This really isn't a good look for McCarthy though.  I really can't remember any fired head coach doing anything like this.

They all do it at some level.  Here is a very similar take from Tom Coughlin:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-coughlin-admits-that-the-giants-forced-him-out-as-coach/

It is totally predictable that a coach in McCarthy's position would be unhappy with the way it went down, so I don't see it as a negative that he admits to feeling that way.  Getting fired is hard.  

I thought the interesting part of the article is what his wife said.  It was pretty clear for a while that the job had worn him down and taken a toll on his health.

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Love Jordy... but no. Rodgers would call because he apparently can’t throw to anyone he hasn’t worked with for decades.

He has such a low tolerance for WRs, it’s unreal. 

Ya it's been unreal to watch him avoid Davante and  MVS who had a solid season and led rookies in YPC? Kumerow too when he got healthy.

There's some validity to this point, but it's also overblown.

The Jordy part was sarcasm obv.

This was a pretty classy snippet from Mac.  

When asked what advice he would have for new Packers coach Matt LaFleur, McCarthy said:

"Matt LaFleur. Totally embrace the Green Bay community with your family. It's a phenomenal place to live. It's a phenomenal place to raise a family. ... Heck, coach your *** off, have fun and enjoy the honor because it goes fast. Enjoy the honor of being the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. Make the program your own. That's very important. You were hired here for a very good reason; don't get too far away from that. You have a great group of men in that locker room. I think they're special, and they'll work their butts for you."

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya it's been unreal to watch him avoid Davante and  MVS who had a solid season and led rookies in YPC? Kumerow too when he got healthy.

There's some validity to this point, but it's also overblown.

The Jordy part was sarcasm obv.

Is it though? Yes he passes to Adams... but Adams has years with him now. No rookie or second year man really puts up numbers with him. And no new comer does either regardless of experience. He had to pass to MVS because he was the second best passing option on the team last year. That’s my point... force him to have to build quick relationships and trust.

Rodgers wants comfort, and I get it. I would too. But in a league were there is regular turnover and injury... offenses will be their most dangerous when multiple people can go off. Not being force feed thru the selected few.

*also his affinity for his WRs leaves RBs and TEs under used. He needs to be forced to evolve alittle now. Because he clearly has a very set view on what the offense needs to be. And it’s clear in his play.

Edited by Green19

105.7FM: Ted’s health has declined to the point where he’s really having trouble traveling. There’s questions about whether Ted will even be at his own (Packers Hall of Fame) induction.