Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Saw it on Twitter. Didnt click on it. Dont need the internet drama. Pass.

It’s not internet drama. It’s literally a telling from players and personnel men.

apprently McCarthy skipped meetings for back rubs. And Rodgers still can’t get over McCarthy said during the draft Alex Smith was better.

This is starting to paint a picture of why things happened.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s not internet drama. It’s literally a telling from players and personnel men.

apprently McCarthy skipped meetings for back rubs. And Rodgers still can’t get over McCarthy said during the draft Alex Smith was better.

Best part: 

But even in the best of times—when confetti should've still been stuck to their clothing—one person who was then close to Rodgers remembers he would regularly call to vent that McCarthy didn't have a clue what he was doing. He'd tell him that McCarthy frequently called the wrong play. That he used the wrong personnel. That they were running plays that worked one out of 50 times in practice. That McCarthy was a buffoon he was constantly bailing out.

"Mike has a low football IQ, and that used to always bother Aaron," this source says. "He'd say Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach he's ever had."

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You just defined internet drama. In the context of MM being let go......you think it had anything to do with:
MM (supposedly) skipping meetings for back rubs - or - AR having a personal problem with Alex Smith that he cant get over?

Ya know? When Alex Smith was drafted maybe HE WAS the better QB.....and why would MM say *anything* other than to support the teams draft selection? By all accounts AR was far from a finished product when drafted. Three years behind Favre and (the then still present....) QB School just might have made him a better player. Wonder if he'd ever own up to that though.......actually, probably not. In any case.....it is internet drama.

Edited by Leader

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

You just defined internet drama. In the context of MM being let go......you think it had anything to do with:
MM (supposedly) skipping meetings for back rubs - or - AR having a personal problem with Alex Smith that he cant get over?

Ya know? When Alex Smith was drafted maybe HE WAS the better QB.....and why would MM say *anything* other than to support the teams draft selection? By all accounts AR was far from a finished product when drafted. Three years behind Favre and (the then still present....) QB School just might have made him a better player. Wonder if he'd ever own up to that though.......actually, probably not. In any case.....it is internet drama.

Was McCarthy let go because of back rubs? No... but he a pparently lost his team over them. And that lead to garbage on the field. So not directly but yes it’s partly why he was fired.

Plus the article did a good job blaming both. And being measured. As many of us have said... it was a McCarthy AND Rodgers problem. Rodgers was just going to win until his talent and play cant shield him. Age will win that battle soon enough.

Edited by Green19

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I read it.  Lots of Finley, Jennings and Ryan Grant quotes.  Then a lot of hearsay. 

I wouldn't say that you missed anything if you haven't read it, it basically restates what we have already heard.

There is more than that. The stuff with St. Brown and about McCarthy starts giving more depth on the dysfunction.

also good luck to MVS... he ran the routes the coaches want and apparently already feels like Rodgers doesn’t like him.

Edited by Green19

WOW, a lot of interesting information in that article. Some of it doesn't make any sense to me based on the type of person MM seemed to be. The massage comment really doesn't make any sense when compared to the Rob Demovsky story. I am happy though that Murphy seems to have taken a stand to fix it. It should have happened years ago by the sound of it.

Well, it certainly seems like GB is at least trying to right the ship. 
I think most of us could glean that McCarthy wasn't "as smart" as he thought he was and that his **** just wasn't working anymore. If I was the best QB on the planet, then I would likely get upset too. 

I also had to laugh at the COO being named "Ed Policy"

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

There is more than that. The stuff with St. Brown and about McCarthy starts giving more depth on the dysfunction.

also good luck to MVS... he ran the routes the coaches want and apparently already feels like Rodgers doesn’t like him.

Heard many times that ESB was frustrated when Rodgers would tell him to run one route and his QB coach would tell him to run another.

Hadn't heard, though, that Rodgers didn't like MVS because he would just run the route the coach told him to run.  I file that under "hearsay".