Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If he's undiagnosed with some mental health problem it's hard to move earlier, especially since TT was a bit eccentric beforehand. Unfortunately we shouldve went on his own principle of moving on a year too early instead of a year too late.

This is true. I honestly dont have a good take on what ails the guy and/or when it began. If hes falling asleep in meetings - it could get passed off as a rough night - or a late night watching film. Who knows....other than its unfortunate.

Ya know? Do you think the team has some internal process (or policy) which mandates examinations / physicals on the FO personnel and coaches? I mean - we know the players are examined down to toenail lengths.....but what about the decision makers? I mean - we're talking about multiple million dollar questions they're dealing with.......

Just spitballing here.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not for nothing - and certainly not to dump on TT - but I'd be interested in knowing better what was going on with him.
This article portrays a man in obvious decline.......annnnndddddddd.....since it's kinda hard for a GM to blend in and disappear into the background - I'm wondering why something wasnt done about his situation sooner.

Again - details I most certainly dont know - but - if the article is borderline accurate - our GM was on the way out long before the public had a real sense of it beyond "We dont think his drafts are hitting it like they used to....."

Maybe (?) - maybe (??) - thats why Russ Ball was supposedly more involved in personnel stuff? We (or I at least) perceived that......rumor......to be "potential GM in training" stuff. Perhaps (???) it was a band-aid put on an "in house" TT problem?

I don't think he is well at all these days .. I've read a lot of little bits about Thompson's health the past few years.  The last I read (think it was a mcginn article) said he no longer returns to Green Bay because he needs the help of an assistant to travel.  His original health issues began with a hip surgery a few years ago in which he was slow to recover.  I think Murphy started to hand over some duties to Ball hoping that Ted would fully recover.  Apparently when that didn't happen Murphy rightfully decided to make a more permanent move and started his GM search.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the my exact approach. When does camp start? Who wants to carpool with me to the Super Bowl? Rodgers is the GOAT, Mac and Ted were awesome. All is well.

Depends.....where is it this year?
If its close to Florida and you want run by to pick me up...... I'll even buy the first round of beer!  :)

The information that we currently have about TT's health, MM's lack or creativity and "checking out" as well as AR's attitude...The one to blame is Murphy. He screwed up big time and allowed the ****show to go on. The executive committee should hold him accountable. John Dorsey should be our GM...or at minimum a change should have taken place twp-three years ago.  MM should not have been the coach last season...maybe even sooner. AR needed some accountability.

I think its time for Murphy to go...Bye...Bye

Just finish that article, my initial reaction reading through it was that MLF was going to have a hell of a time leading Rogers and Company. Then I read the second half and if it’s true about McCarthy chilling, any improvement at all it’s going to be in a major jump for the team. Maybe MLFs job would be easier than expected.

this part has been my impression Ever since McCarthy was fired up. Glad to see a player for mayor of the situation agreed

Many agree McCarthy could have saved himself if he had swallowed his pride and hired a bright offensive mind to challenge Rodgers. “

Edited by Arthur Penske

31 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Lol, come on man. 

Finley, Rodgers' No. 1 tight end for four-and-a-half years, remembers the entitlement his QB had even as a first-year starter "when he was broke as f--k."

"You gave a man $200 million," Finley says. "He's the GM. He's the organization. He's the quarterback. And he's the head coach. He has a sense of entitlement already, and then you give him $200 million? You make him one of the highest-paid in history. It comes with the territory, man. I think Rodgers, man to man, needs to take a little more blame."

"He already had a sense of entitlement, then you give him $200 million," Finley repeats.

He clearlyis coming from a point of remember were you started Aaron, you aren’t that different from me. And right or wrong I’m sure all of his WRs and TEs felt they helped get Rodgers that $200 million.

And his point is when you give someone that already had that in them more money... it’s not going to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

He clearlyis coming from a point of remember were you started Aaron, you aren’t that different from me. And right or wrong I’m sure all of his WRs and TEs felt they helped get Rodgers that $200 million.

And his point is when you give someone that already had that in them more money... it’s not going to help.

Sense of entitlement? You mean he thinks he's better than most of his peers? Hes entitled to a starting spot because of his ability? Most competitive people are wired this way. You ever hear Brady say he was the best decision Belichick ever made? You know THAT entitlement? That's a silly argument for Finley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

This is true. I honestly dont have a good take on what ails the guy and/or when it began. If hes falling asleep in meetings - it could get passed off as a rough night - or a late night watching film. Who knows....other than its unfortunate.

Ya know? Do you think the team has some internal process (or policy) which mandates examinations / physicals on the FO personnel and coaches? I mean - we know the players are examined down to toenail lengths.....but what about the decision makers? I mean - we're talking about multiple million dollar questions they're dealing with.......

Just spitballing here.

It wouldn't hurt to have staff talk to a mental health physician or a therapist I guess. I doubt they do but it'd make some sense with all the money involved.

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Sense of entitlement? You mean he thinks he's better than most of his peers? Hes entitled to a starting spot because of his ability? Most competitive people are wired this way. You ever hear Brady say he was the best decision Belichick ever made? You know THAT entitlement? That's a silly argument for Finley.

I think if you are competitive and are trying to win, on and off the field, you have an ego about how that looks.

Finely had the classic issue of he just isn’t in the right position to get away with it. Again OBJ v Brady. What I’m saying is I can UNDERSTAND the fire he has.

If I see a guy get away with the same or worse yet praised it would be upsetting too. More so if that guy isn’t the best with people and teammates.

they are all alphas they all have entitlements and egos. Finely was probably a god in high school. But once he was put into a larger pond he wasn’t the biggest fish anymore. And he struggled with that. It’s human and relatable is my argument. His POV is still valuable in these discussions as long as you know how to separate the emotions.

Edited by Green19