Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman:  Agree with Ben Fennell & mentioned this on the show last night. Graham, Sternberger, & Tonyan are all big receivers / move TEs that can’t really block. Lewis can block but isn’t a receiving threat. LaFleur would ideally have 2 TEs that do both. He will need to be creative.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  Agree with Ben Fennell & mentioned this on the show last night. Graham, Sternberger, & Tonyan are all big receivers / move TEs that can’t really block. Lewis can block but isn’t a receiving threat. LaFleur would ideally have 2 TEs that do both. He will need to be creative.

Cue TE  Foster Moreau in round 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

PS for someone, or Lewis cut. Can't cut Graham this year, but almost certainly will after that. Let Tonyan, Sternberger and Moreau (if they get him) duke it out in camp.

I'm not sure I wouldnt try to PS Moreau and go with Graham/JS/Tonyan/Lewis. If PS cant be in Moreau's future (cause he'd get snagged) - I'd think I'd cut Lewis. 

The wildcard is Tonyan. Reportedly he's been working out with Kittles. Not sure whats gonna walk in the door.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is where the fullback comes in.

Let the TE run up the field whilst the fullback does the blocking. This is what the 49ers did with Kittle and Juszczyk.

Really need to keep a close eye on Ingold today.

• Like 2

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Rishard-Matthews-sounds-off-on-Packers-coach-Matt-LaFleur-131548300

from the article: 

Matthews said he like playing for the Titans was fun until they brought in LaFleur as the offensive coordinator. 

"Was straight until punk a** LaFleur came through," Matthews said (via Allan Bell of 247Sports). "[LaFleur] told me I had to earn my starting spot back and that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Then bounced after one year. I probably should have gutted it out but that guy was too disrespectful and not a guy that lets someone **** on your face then spend every day as if it didn't happen. So you make decisions and you move on."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Rishard-Matthews-sounds-off-on-Packers-coach-Matt-LaFleur-131548300

from the article: 

Matthews said he like playing for the Titans was fun until they brought in LaFleur as the offensive coordinator. 

"Was straight until punk a** LaFleur came through," Matthews said (via Allan Bell of 247Sports). "[LaFleur] told me I had to earn my starting spot back and that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Then bounced after one year. I probably should have gutted it out but that guy was too disrespectful and not a guy that lets someone **** on your face then spend every day as if it didn't happen. So you make decisions and you move on."

Sounds like a sourpuss that didn't make the starting lineup