Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Packers have exercised the 2020 fifth year option on DL Kenny Clark, per source. He’s emerged as a force for Green Bay.

I remember when he was selected my first thought was ... great a 2nd or 3rd round talent in round one .. way to go Thompson.  He sure has turned out to be a really good one though and has the potential to get even better.  Amazing that he is still just 23 years old.  Sage pick from the white wizard.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I remember when he was selected my first thought was ... great a 2nd or 3rd round talent in round one .. way to go Thompson.  He sure has turned out to be a really good one though and has the potential to get even better.  Amazing that he is still just 23 years old.  Sage pick from the white wizard.

Definitely a draft day "hit"

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The Packers have exercised the 2020 fifth year option on DL Kenny Clark, per source. He’s emerged as a force for Green Bay.

Trousers became the latest pair of Jordans.  Or whatever else is now the high end athletic shoe.

Despised that pick when it happened.  Very much elated about how wrong I was.  I really hope that Clark now assumes more of a leadership role.  Lead by example.  I can only hope that his worth ethic rubs off on Gary.  Not a knock on Gary, rather I hope he looks at Clark as a guy who worked really hard at becoming better with every rep.  Much respect for Kenny and what he's been able to accomplish.  Hope they back up a Brinks truck and rewards him big time.  He deserves it.

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol remember Jordan Willis? Was messing around in Madden and saw his name. Hadn't heard that since I bitched we didn't draft him.

Vaguely remember him.

I ***** about most Packer picks.  Not as much this year.  I had a bunch of guys that I was fine with.  Jenkins, Sternberger and Savage were 3 of them.  Even moved Gary to that list about a week before the draft.  I'm pretty excited about this year's crop of rookies.  But I'll still follow Fant, Oliver, Burns and Ferrell.

Tis the problem with this site and me.  I get all worked up over prospects that I really like, then usually feel let down come draft time, as if I really knew anything about how GB looks at guys.  LOL.  I'm happy that this year, we have a few guys drafted that I really liked.

Zach Kruse:  How can you not be excited for Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage in the same secondary? Energetic, athletic, competitive, fearless, confident. These guys are going to set the tone.

I agree. Throw in a healthy KK, Amos, Jackson and yes - even Josh Jones handling his limited duties in the Box - then Tony Brown......   -   I'm liking what our secondary could be capable of.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  How can you not be excited for Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage in the same secondary? Energetic, athletic, competitive, fearless, confident. These guys are going to set the tone.

I agree. Throw in a healthy KK, Amos, Jackson and yes - even Josh Jones handling his limited duties in the Box - then Tony Brown......   -   I'm liking what our secondary could be capable of.

Easily one of the most talented secondaries in the NFL, imo. I love the pieces we have in place, the majority of the success will rely on whether Kings shoulder can hold up or not. I'll be very disappointed if it continues to linger on. 

36 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Easily one of the most talented secondaries in the NFL, imo. I love the pieces we have in place, the majority of the success will rely on whether Kings shoulder can hold up or not. I'll be very disappointed if it continues to linger on. 

On paper we look good, but I have to see if Josh Jackson can improve to put it up with the best. I think it really does hinge on King staying healthy. But I think the depth isn't as bad as people think. Tramon/Brown as your 4th/5th corner is decent.

• Like 1

There's still a whole bunch of question marks with this secondary. 

Is Amos a piece that's going to be a net positive or a net neutral? What does that look like when he's asked to be the leader back there rather than a complimentary piece?

What is Savage looking like as a rookie? Very likely that he isn't going to be any better than average, if that, this year.

Is King healthy? If King is healthy, where's he at? I've seen flashes of genuine #1CB and I've seen some reps that don't look starter quality. Hopefully he puts it together this year.

What is Jaire Alexander looking like as a sophomore? Is it a year 2 step forward? Is it a sophomore slump?

What's up with Josh Jackson? Can he play at all?

What's up with Tramon? Where's he fitting into this thing? What are the wheels looking like at 36? 

Are any of the lottery tickets going to turn into players?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is Amos a piece that's going to be a net positive or a net neutral? What does that look like when he's asked to be the leader back there rather than a complimentary piece?

What is Savage looking like as a rookie? Very likely that he isn't going to be any better than average, if that, this year.

Is King healthy? If King is healthy, where's he at? I've seen flashes of genuine #1CB and I've seen some reps that don't look starter quality. Hopefully he puts it together this year.

What is Jaire Alexander looking like as a sophomore? Is it a year 2 step forward? Is it a sophomore slump?

What's up with Tramon? Where's he fitting into this thing? What are the wheels looking like at 36? 

At least we have Amos/Savage rather than Haha/Brice heading into the season, especially the Brice part. I wish we had more depth, but I'm guessing even though they want Tramon at Corner he can back them up.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

At least we have Amos/Savage rather than Haha/Brice, especially the Brice part. I wish we had more depth, but I'm guessing even though they want Tramon at Corner he can back them up.

Not 100% sure this year's duo is better than last year's. Strong argument to be made HHCD is the best of that quad, at least when he's right.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is Tony Brown All-NFL first team? 

• Like 1