Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Interchangeable sure. Let the offense dictate the matchups? Nah....

Not sure I mind letting the offense dictate some matchups, and having your guys able to flow with the offense's motion? 

If two good safeties can both run and cover, how much do I mind letting them flow with the motion? 

Same with the ILB, *IF* both can run and cover, how much do I mind letting them flow with motion?  

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

If we're running a single high look we're not switching into that responsibility at the snap. The LB would just bump out. 

X is going to be down low at a majority rate. I'd bet on it.

I didn't say with the snap I said in motion. 

The point is I think we are going to see both of them so a lot of both between shifts and calls and giving opponents looks other than the ones they were expecting. They went out and got 2s who both have a pretty versatile skill set and before acquiring either, Hafley described his ideal S as being interchangeable. Then you go out and get two guys in that mold. It could start out leaning more one way or the other early on but I think that would be giving Bullard more looks in the responsibilities he's more comfortable with while he works his way in. I couldn't tell you the criteria ifor who does what but I'm not expecting a consistent SS or FS, just S.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure I mind letting the offense dictate some matchups, and having your guys able to flow with the offense's motion? 

If two good safeties can both run and cover, how much do I mind letting them flow with the motion? 

Same with the ILB, *IF* both can run and cover, how much do I mind letting them flow with motion?  

Exactly.

Say the defense is this: Clark and Wyatt in the middle, Gary and LVN on the edge. Off ball LB are Walker and Cooper. Nixon in the slot with Bullard and McKinney at S. You can flip that either way. The middle of your defense are all fast, solid in coverage, and aggressively physical. You can flip responsibility instead of showing your hand in a shift because the guys at each level both fill the same molds and can do a lot of the same things, even your edge rushers are of a similar type.

It lets you line up and just play football instead of giving the offense as much room to force adjustments, and when you do adjust you could give them nonstandard options.

8 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I didn't say with the snap I said in motion. 

The point is I think we are going to see both of them so a lot of both between shifts and calls and giving opponents looks other than the ones they were expecting. They went out and got 2s who both have a pretty versatile skill set and before acquiring either, Hafley described his ideal S as being interchangeable. Then you go out and get two guys in that mold. It could start out leaning more one way or the other early on but I think that would be giving Bullard more looks in the responsibilities he's more comfortable with while he works his way in. I couldn't tell you the criteria ifor who does what but I'm not expecting a consistent SS or FS, just S.

That's synonymous at this point. Motions at the snap is the current meta.

I agree they'll both do some of it. But if I had to put a number on it I'd say >66% X in the box in single high looks. It's just where his game is the best and he's the guy you want to highlight, especially initially, because he's got the money in hand.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, craig said:

Flowing vertically is how you get beat on a post. Having to make changes to coverages, especially in the deep 3rd at a motion is how break downs in coverage happen. Flow horizontally, your responsibilities are unchanged.

Very much with you on the LBs. That's why we got the athletes 

Edited by HighCalebR

7 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Exactly.

Say the defense is this: Clark and Wyatt in the middle, Gary and LVN on the edge. Off ball LB are Walker and Cooper. Nixon in the slot with Bullard and McKinney at S. You can flip that either way. The middle of your defense are all fast, solid in coverage, and aggressively physical. You can flip responsibility instead of showing your hand in a shift because the guys at each level both fill the same molds and can do a lot of the same things, even your edge rushers are of a similar type.

It lets you line up and just play football instead of giving the offense as much room to force adjustments, and when you do adjust you could give them nonstandard options.

And when the X beats McKinney to the spot deep because he's rotating back from LB depth at the snap?

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Mean Jerk Time.

How the **** did somebody beat me to this joke?!?!?!

if you guys really posted that at the same time that's ******* wild 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

What's being discussed here?

GPQt1NaXkAAKWHS?format=jpg&name=medium

Looks like Jordan Love is talking about the Harley he is going to buy when he gets his new deal.

Either that or he's constipated.