Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2019/5/16/18628126/packers-adjusted-games-lost-bears-nfc-north-2018-nelson-cobb-allison-rodgers-bears-king-gunter

"Every year, Football Outsiders publishes Adjusted Games Lost (AGL), which attempts to account both for the quality of injured players as well as for players who may be playing while hurt.

A cliché among sports fans is that injuries are not an excuse for losing, but in truth, injuries are in fact a very good excuse. In fact, having your good players unavailable and replacing them with worse players makes a team noticeably worse, and almost nothing correlates better with winning than injury rate.

In the AGL era (going back to 2010) the Packers are one of the most injured teams in football, with an average of 78 AGL per season, 7th-worst since their Super Bowl season. The team had a small spate of health in 2014 (3rd) and 2015 (9th), but they’ve collapsed back into the lower third of the league more recently, and their results have reflected that."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, but it's a really interesting look at Adams.

That was interesting. We were lucky to win that game. Our offense looked like my golf game...if I hit the green in regulation I am sure to 4-putt. Hit a drive 290 to the middle...squank my 7 iron into the woods. Parts weren’t always working together. 

• Like 1

Is this one of the more statistically and analytically-inclined subforums with regards to the draft and such? I've posted some statistical projects (QB, WR, TE, ILB so far) in NFL Draft but they haven't caught on at all and I'm still looking to see if there's anywhere where my interests are shared and I can see more similar things from other posters. I know that one Waldo guy was a Packers fan, at least (it's a shame he doesn't post here anymore, his stuff was really interesting to look back at).

Not really a Packers fan, but if there's cool stuff to read here, I'll stop by so to speak every once in a while. Thanks, all!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Is this one of the more statistically and analytically-inclined subforums with regards to the draft and such? I've posted some statistical projects (QB, WR, TE, ILB so far) in NFL Draft but they haven't caught on at all and I'm still looking to see if there's anywhere where my interests are shared and I can see more similar things from other posters. I know that one Waldo guy was a Packers fan, at least (it's a shame he doesn't post here anymore, his stuff was really interesting to look back at).

Not really a Packers fan, but if there's cool stuff to read here, I'll stop by so to speak every once in a while. Thanks, all!

We're nerds here. Welcome.

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

sometimes i watch youtube videos and then form opinions based off those clips and then get hostile w/ other posters on here if they have different opinions than me 

i think i represent a good margin of the posters on here w/ that philosophy of scouting/debating  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

My god we are! It’s like the Packer version of Big Bang Theory. Next name change season I have dibs on “Bill Schröedinger’s Cat”.

You should have gone for "Hawkins got wheels" while Josh was in the team

• Like 1