Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

People really havent gotten over that lions game huh?...

He wanted him for his "big leg." Ficken I mean. He is legit less informed than a lot of people here I give crap. He said something else pretty wild. He said Carson is our best all around back and "he's very good in pass protection and blocking." I was kinda busy at work and it was just in my pocket playing. I might be crossing wires here with someone else today but he talked about Summers a ton like he never missed any tackles. Biggest theme of today, I listened to podcasts all day, bringing up Dan Vitale. I don't even hate this dude but the hype man, at least I kinda get Kumerow. I wish I could remember the other thing he said

Fwiw, it seems like every single guy but one defended Kizer, one guy was pretty hard for Boyle but after that game idk. Guess he had a good practice.

Edit: in his defense, he backed off after he said the two kickers thing. I don't really think he thought about it, but that's what it is. Just random *** rambling. 

Edited by Norm

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

It seems to be the inevitable path for the local writers: after a decade on the beat, Dementia sets in
Happened to mcginn, dougherty and now Silverstein

I think they just get lazy after they realize you don't need to do any work if you just clickbait

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

He wanted him for his "big leg." Ficken I mean. He is legit less informed than a lot of people here I give crap. He said something else pretty wild. He said Carson is our best all around back and "he's very good in pass protection and blocking."

Carson is averaging 1.7 yards per carry this preseason lol. Best all around back, except doing the running back part well.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Carson is averaging 1.7 yards per carry this preseason lol. Best all around back, except doing the running back part well.

Yeah I heard that stat today. He needs to stop getting carries, even if the line isn't helping him much or whatever, he's still not good. 

I'm guessing he meant he's good at the other stuff and meant pass pro and as a receiver? But hell who knows

Andy Herman:  There are 2,880 players currently on NFL teams. Players that are not:

Nick Perry
Byron Bell
Davon House
Mo Wilkerson (injury)
Antonio Morrison
Jason Spriggs

Those 6 played 1563 snaps for GB last year & would have played more if not for injuries.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  There are 2,880 players currently on NFL teams. Players that are not:

Nick Perry
Byron Bell
Davon House
Mo Wilkerson (injury)
Antonio Morrison
Jason Spriggs

Those 6 played 1563 snaps for GB last year & would have played more if not for injuries.

Davon House. There's a blast from the past. I had already forgotten about him. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Nick Perry
Byron Bell
Davon House
Mo Wilkerson (injury)
Antonio Morrison
Jason Spriggs

Just goes to show you how garbage our GM was last year, wait....

Spriggs should probably have injury behind it, he is injured. I'm still confused why nobody will sign Perry.