Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Wow are you a glutton for punishment. It's hard to get through 280 characters of his tweets most times. At least that only takes 2 secs.

Well I started with some in the morning, his was the very last one at the end of the day, I just figured I'd check them all out. It was pretty bad. There was one other one by two random doofuses I shut off, so there was worse.

Edited by Norm

Andy Herman: 

Attended 9 live practices and watched Family Night on TV.
Had 10 "standouts" lists. Here were the players that lead the way:

Za'Darius Smith: 5
Adrian Amos: 3
Darrius Shepherd: 3
David Bakhtiari: 3
Kenny Clark: 3
Rashan Gary: 3
Tim Boyle: 3
Trevor Davis: 3
Ty Summers: 3

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  There are 2,880 players currently on NFL teams. Players that are not:

Nick Perry
Byron Bell
Davon House
Mo Wilkerson (injury)
Antonio Morrison
Jason Spriggs

Those 6 played 1563 snaps for GB last year & would have played more if not for injuries.

I will be interested to see if that number of Packers last year not being on nfl roster this year increases after final cuts.

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Donnerson officially released with injury settlement, that opens up Jersey # 53

While Spriggs is still on the IR, there's no settlement. If by any chance he's actually just injured for the year and we end up re-signing him for 2020 this forum will collapse.

7 hours ago, Chili said:

I will be interested to see if that number of Packers last year not being on nfl roster this year increases after final cuts.

I'm not sure where your interest is heading............but in order to put it into context, you'd need to get some data on other teams as I'd imagine a fair number of them have a similar group of ex-recent players (for lack of a better description).

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If you’re the sentimental type....

Defensive starters gone from 2018

Daniels

Wilkerson

Perry

Matthews

Clinton-Dix

House

Not sure if Brice was considered a starter.  That is a big chunk of the 2018 D.

Edited by squire12

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Not sure what happened to my post....it submitted as I was typing the rest of them.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how you missed those guys. I think Brice was a starter on opening day and for at least a few weeks after that. I'm not sure about House, though. 

4 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering how you missed those guys. I think Brice was a starter on opening day and for at least a few weeks after that. I'm not sure about House, though. 

From profootball reference.  Technically did not list Daniels as a starter.  But Brice and Whitehead.